PDA

View Full Version : It is about dadgummed time...An introduction by NorthwestUteFan

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 02:02 PM
How in the f___* did you find CUF?
Followed a link at one time from somewhere (?), enjoyed the somewhat more cerebral approach to discussions regarding life, religion, sports, etc. I don't recall exactly where or when I discovered it.

What do you like about that f___in*' CUF?
I can get out all of the naughty language out of my system without being shunned or banned at the mere sight of such passionate language. I appreciate the somewhat shared background. See above.

What don't I f___in' like about those f___in*' f___s* at CUF?
Not entirely sure. I am old enough and wise enough to recognize some good in everybody, even BYU alumni. The more self-righteous they are, the harder I try.
(Just kidding. I care very little about partisan bickering between Utes and Cougars. I grew tired of the Yankees vs. Redsox marketing aspect of it decades ago).

How did you choose your f___in*' piece of Doofenschmirtz moniker?
I saw something to which I wished to respond, and was in a hurry. I do not effectively express my emotions verbally (ask my wife how fun THAT one is), so when I get on a roll I need to go with it before it is lost forever. So like any good engineer I had to break it down.
What 'side' of the board will I be on? Utes.
Where do I live? Seattle. Hmm, that is already taken. Quick, think of something!
Um let me see, Northwest..CHECK.....Ute..CHECK..Fan...CHECK? That should do it!
Some people have a way with words. Engineers, well, on the other hand, um, not, uh, have way...? (that really sounds better when read aloud than it looks)
I fall into the latter group of course. Give me numbers, materials, and design requirements and I can do anything. Make me tell you how I feel, and I fail. Badly.

What the f___*? (...do you do other than read CUF)?
Work, raise my kids, play some geetar, work out to avoid facing my mortality, fly airplanes (model and full scale), hiking, camping, car trips with the family, waterski, snow ski (was an instructor for 3 years).
I played rugby in high school and again a bit in college, but quit from injuries. I was a prop, and I got kicked in the kneecap by our hooker. (THAT sounds HILARIOUS...) It crushed my patella, and it is still sore 20+ years later. I still have shoulder injuries suffered in a game against the U (ironically) when a HUGE 500+ pound polynesian dude ran in from the sidelines and jumped on our scrum. My arm was over the other prop to my right and I tore some rotator cuff muscles. Good times...

Where the f___* (...How many States have you lived in?)
7 so far. Virginia, Mass, California, Maine, NH, Utah, Washington.
I love calling California "Cali" (with obvious cartel references) and "SoCal" because it makes the natives' ears burn.

What are your f___in*' sports loyalties?
Utah Football since the early 70's when we lived in University Village. I lived there until I was 8.
Running Utes Basketball, again since the early 70's.
For some reason I was a big Cubs fan growing up. It went well with being a Utes fan. Both teams were perennially horrible despite rare glimpses of excellence. It was the exposure to the rare occurences that made me enjoy them so much more. Both the Utes and the Cubs seemed to do incredible things with very little actual talent on the team. Everybody excelled beyond their abilities.
I loved the Celtics and Patriots and Red Sox, and still follow the Celts and Pats somewhat.
The strike in 1994 broke my heart as far as baseball is concerned. I rarely ever care any more. I DID enjoy the Red Sox World Series title runs, especially living near Boston.
I was a HUGE fan of Magic Johnson ever since he spoke to our scout troop when I was younger. After Kareem and Worthy left, I didnt' care much for the Lakers.
The Celtics with Ainge, Bird, DJ, McHale, and Parrish were my favorite sports team of all time. I somewhat like watching KG, Rondo, Paul Pierce, etc.
The Jazz are OK. I miss Malone, Stockton, Hornacek though. Jerry Sloan's version of basketball isn't very exciting, and the NBA in general is an abomination. The last game I attended I paid $95 for my tickets, and witnessed a grand total of breakaway ONE dunk all game. No starter played past mid-way through the second quarter.
I typically like the Red Wings, and I LOVED the Penguins when Lemieux and Mario Jr (palindrom for Jaromir) Jagr played.

What's your darn fornicatin*' standing in the church?
Thanks for not including the naughty words in this question. I have my worst calling ever, yet again. I am a counselor(sic?) in the Elders Quorum Presidency. Fifth time for me, perhaps I need to learn something? I don't get it. I like my ward but my kids are exceptionally difficult and we typically spend three hours walking the halls with one of them when they get kicked out of their classes. Not particularly fun, and many weeks we simply can't face the emotional trauma. On top of that I work a lot of long hours including nights and weekends, so I can't spend much time visiting. I enjoy the service but it is time for a change.
I was significantly disappointed with BKP in the last conference. I have family members and close friends who are gay,

Do you piss in the damn sink?
No. It takes too much water to completely flush out the gooseneck trap, and I don't want my sink smelling like a toilet. Besides we brush our teeth there.

When your kids get older, will you get all f___ed* up on a f___in*' bender with them in order to teach them some f___in*' responsibilities?
I can see it now. "Hey, man, dude, be good kidth and don' do thish schitth because it 'll messh you up like me..."
In a word, no. That approach simply is not practicable with my kids.

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
Yes, the man is the consummate Cowboy Poet Laureate of tenuously-linked experiences leading to a paroxysmal release of the actual question.
My answer will be the awkward silence afterward by comparison. I just hope I don't answer too early...

Why the f___*? How damn long you been lurkin, boy?
Once a week starting ~6 months ago, becoming more regular about 2 months ago. Finally signed up a started posting after that.

*On second thought, maybe I should change all those words to Smurf...(?)

Here is some context:
A: 'See that chick? I smurfed her.'
B: 'No smurfin' way!'
A: 'yeah, it was smurfin AWESOME. It was a good smurf and all, but she was really funny too, you know?'
B: 'So, you going to date her again?'
A: 'I don't know, man. She got all smurfin' clingy afterward. She wanted to call me all the time to talk about nothing? It was all smurfed up. I mean, can't we just smurf and have a good time? Why did she have to go and smurf it all up by doing all that Doofenschmirtz**?'
B: 'Holy smurf, dude.'
A: 'No smurfin' joke, man. I mean, just last night she wanted me to take her shopping for a wedding dress.'
B: 'Get the smurf outta here! That is some seriously smurfed-up Doofenschmirtz.'
A: 'I know, I know...I wonder if I can smurf her again. You know, a break-up smurf. Chicks go for that, don't they?'
B: 'Are you out of your smurfing mind?'
A: 'Yeah, you are right. Smurfing is a hell of a drug, ya hear? A HELL of a drug.'

** can I get a Hellz Yeah for the Phineas and Ferb reference? Anybody? Somebody? Nobody? I can't be the only one with little kids.

Fixed that for y'all...

Pheidippides
11-04-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm as profane as anybody on here but I think you should have gone with the "smurf" option. Nice use of Doofenschmirtz, though.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm as profane as anybody on here but I think you should have gone with the "smurf" option. Nice use of Doofenschmirtz, though.

Thanks, I figured I would get ALL of it out of my system at one time. Pellegrino approves.

Indy Coug
11-04-2010, 02:30 PM
qIHOJ2dq_UU

TheBYUGuy
11-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

RobinFinderson
11-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Welcome NWUF! NWUF said.

TripletDaddy
11-04-2010, 02:39 PM
:blink:

pellegrino
11-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks, I figured I would get ALL of it out of my system at one time. Pellegrino approves.

still debating.

il Padrino Ute
11-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Welcome the f*** here.

Art Vandelay
11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
B+ for origninality attempt, D- for execution. Sorry, just being honest.

Babs
11-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Sorry, just being honest.

:wuap:

Babs
11-04-2010, 02:56 PM
So is this what we've been reduced to? We're known as the place where you can say fuck as much as you want?

RobinFinderson
11-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Also NWUF, you are abso-f__king-lutely wrong about the amount of water it takes to flush a gooseneck trap. It takes exactly the amount needed to thoroughly wash your hands with soap. This dilutes any hint of urine to ppm's way below any human's ability to smell (though the odor might be interpreted by your dog as a definite marking of your territory). That you don't know this is evidence that you are a poor hand-washer.

Art Vandelay
11-04-2010, 02:58 PM
:wuap:

plagiarism is my religion...

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Also NWUF, you are abso-f__king-lutely wrong about the amount of water it takes to flush a gooseneck trap. It takes exactly the amount needed to thoroughly wash your hands with soap. This dilutes any hint of urine to ppm's way below any human's ability to smell (though the odor might be interpreted by your dog as a definite marking of your territory). That you don't know this is evidence that you are a poor hand-washer.

OK, then I don't pee in the sink because that isn't the place to do it. Is that a better answer?

On the other hand, I am not the type to step out of the shower to use toilet when I have to tinkle.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 03:09 PM
So is this what we've been reduced to? We're known as the place where you can say f___ as much as you want?

I can't see any possible way in which my answers may have offended you...

Also I lost my train of thought in there. I also like this place because it is more energetic and tolerant of long discussions than most other related fora.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 03:12 PM

You didn't even read my answers.

If you did, then don't tell me that I need to do something and then criticize the way in which I do it. I have my wife to do that for me, and don't need another (fill in the blank*) in my life.

* looking for a word that means 'nag', but I don't want it to sound the least bit rude. I suck at Scrabble.

byu71
11-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Welcome. I am glad to have you f...ing (farting) here.

wally
11-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Ute fan ...... check
Engineer...... check
Played rugby in HS...... check
Played rugby in College...... check
Played Prop...... check

We are long lost brothers. Welcome. :)

What brand of engineer are you?

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Ute fan ...... check
Engineer...... check
Played rugby in HS...... check
Played rugby in College...... check
Played Prop...... check

What brand of engineer are you?

Mechanical, but working as structural.

Thanks man! Your avatar reminds me, I need to buy more Canterbury gear. I love the heavy duty gusseted jerseys with the rubber buttons...They sure beat wearing grey hoodies every day!

I was more of an All-Blacks fan though. I happen to be wearing a black shirt today. I need to get one with a silver fern on it...

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 03:39 PM

Don't let Fresca know. He will get jealous!

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Played Prop...... check

I got typing too fast and messed up. I played lock, sorry. I still 'support' you though...

Jeff Lebowski
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM

Under the circumstances, I give him an F for execution.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 04:43 PM

Thanks, Dude, I wear it as a badge of honor. I take comfort that you are out there, takin' it easy for all us sinners.

I don't believe the problem was with my dismount. It was the stumble on the approach. That East German judge has it out for me, man.

As for my post, '...Oh yeah, well, you know, sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, uh, uhm...'

Babs
11-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks, Dude, I wear it as a badge of honor. I take comfort that you are out there, takin' it easy for all us sinners.

I don't believe the problem was with my dismount. It was the stumble on the approach. That East German judge has it out for me, man.

As for my post, '...Oh yeah, well, you know, sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, uh, uhm...'

It was supposed to be funny. See, you invoked the F word a whole bunch, so Lebowski responded in kind with the only appropriate grade.

(fwiw, JL, I laughed.)

creekster
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM

who gives him an F, U?

Jeff Lebowski
11-04-2010, 05:04 PM
It was supposed to be funny. See, you invoked the F word a whole bunch, so Lebowski responded in kind with the only appropriate grade.

(fwiw, JL, I laughed.)

:cheers:

Jeff Lebowski
11-04-2010, 05:06 PM
who gives him an F, U?

Yes. I have upped my standards. Up yours.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 05:13 PM

(fwiw, JL, I laughed.)

Thanks for spelling that out for me, I NEVER would have got it on my own (lol).

I laughed too, hence the extensive use of Big Lebowski quotes.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 07:04 PM
for context:

sYsw0KVRjCM

the link will have to suffice for now, sorry.

(how do we parse embedding language? Help!)

YOhio
11-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Welcome SeattleUteII.

happyone
11-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Are you sure you were never in the Navy?

Welcome, Welcome

UtahDan
11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
for context:

sYsw0KVRjCM

the link will have to suffice for now, sorry.

(how do we parse embedding language? Help!)

Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day accept this justice as a gift.

UtahDan
11-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Don't let the chilly response get you down. This is a psychologically difficult time for the Courgar faithful. Just wait until basketball when things are rosy for them and gloomy for us, they will be back to normal by then.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Welcome SeattleUteII.

Thank you. I keep my sailboat somewhat near his house, and I admire that he is so far under your skin that it has become an infestation.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day accept this justice as a gift.

I tried all the other tricks I use on other forum formats (including vbulletin) but just couldn't get it to work.

Thanks.

byu71
11-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Don't let the chilly response get you down. This is a psychologically difficult time for the Courgar faithful. Just wait until basketball when things are rosy for them and gloomy for us, they will be back to normal by then.

Yea, when we get back to normal, we will be happy easy going folks. When you Utes get back to normal, you will be back to being pricks.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 08:02 PM

Hey, child of the 70's, 80's, and 90's Utes football here. I have learned to deal with my share of disappointment on the gridiron.

I recognize the pain to which they have not yet become accustomed. These are the same types of people who passed out paper sacks to cover our heads in shame when our team was losing 70-31 in their stadium so the tension is palpable.

Life can be very confusing when one's personal testimony is tied both to Jesus and Bronco...

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Yea, when we get back to normal, we will be happy easy going folks. When you Utes get back to normal, you will be back to being pricks.

Hopefully you will stop kicking (in the figurative sense, of course, not literally!) by then.

byu71
11-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Hopefully you will stop kicking (in the figurative sense, of course, not literally!) by then.

Nice you have a sensitive side. References to mortality are not my favorite references at this point in my life.

UtahDan
11-04-2010, 08:18 PM

In other words, you don't think I am a prick right now. :highfive:

byu71
11-04-2010, 08:24 PM
In other words, you don't think I am a prick right now. :highfive:

Excellent. I'm stumped. I have no comeback. :cheers:

hostile
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I was more of an All-Blacks fan though. I happen to be wearing a black shirt today. I need to get one with a silver fern on it...

I got typing too fast and messed up. I played lock, sorry. I still 'support' you though...

Welcome, welcome. Good to have another 2nd-rower.

New Mexican Disaster
11-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Welcome NW Ute. I liked your introduction. Informative and a little piquant with a hint of mystery.

Donuthole
11-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Man, i've been on pins and needles waiting for this intro. Pins and smurfing needles.

RobinFinderson
11-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Welcome NW Ute. I liked your introduction. Informative and a little piquant with a hint of mystery.

It sounds like you are describing the instructions on your underwear.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Are you sure you were never in the Navy?

Welcome, Welcome

Thank you for your service...

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Nice you have a sensitive side. References to mortality are not my favorite references at this point in my life.

Growing old is mean business, and not for the meek or timid. Aging will never be a topic of humor in any of my conversations.

Personally I am at the "obviously closer to 50 than 20", but not quite to the "honey I bought a Corvette today..." stage. I have an advantage in that all of my kids are quite a bit younger than my contemporaries, and that keeps me on my young.

Having toddlers at home is one way to avoid a mid-life crisis.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 07:24 AM

Thanks. My wife finally made me throw away my Mitre Barbarians last year. They were WICKED. Their 3/4" studs got me banned from church softball.

I used to have a ball that I 'borrowed' from Utah State when we played them. We were a bunch of high school punks who didn't know any better, and 'borrowed' a ball from each team we played. (We never took any from Highland, because we knew the players and Coach Gelwix very well and respected them)

I returned the ball after my mission, feeling the pangs of guilt.

Jeff Lebowski
11-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Welcome aboard, NUF. I like ass-kissers, so I appreciate the Lebowski quotes and clip. Being an engineer is a nice bonus. God willing, someday we may overtake the lawyers.

Jarid in Cedar
11-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Welcome aboard, NUF. I like ass-kissers, so I appreciate the Lebowski quotes and clip. Being an engineer is a nice bonus. God willing, someday we may overtake the lawyers.

You should join forces with the physicians.

My ADR6300 likes frog legs.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 07:41 AM

I am far from being an ass kisser, but I AM a dyed-in-the-wool 'Big Lebowski' fan. I love the Coen Brothers films.

John Turturro is (as usual) a comedic genius in that film. Of course Jeff Bridges makes an excellent Christ character too.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 07:43 AM

I already have. One groups is immersed in healing, the other routinely eat their young.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 07:52 AM

What, no oaky flavor? I was trying for an oaky flavor, with a hint of berry. I certainly have a lot of nose as well.

Thank you.

wuapinmon
11-05-2010, 07:53 AM
NWUF, please answer the following question, but consider your response carefully, as it may determine our future dealings on this site.

The launch of the space shuttle Discovery was scrubbed today, for about the fifth time in the last week. Today's cause was a suspected gaseous hydrogen leak. This will be Discovery's final flight (hopefully not "final" in the gaseous-hydrogen-Hindenberg-oh-the-huge-manatee sense of the word) after 39 trips into the ether. John Glenn rode aboard this orbiter, which might some day be made into a film, once Ed Harris gets old enough to play Glenn again like he did in The Right Stuff. NKOTB had a hit song with, oh, oh, oh oh, oh, "The Right Stuff," baby, which Oreos later used in a commercial advertising "The White Stuff." Once the average consumer discovered that partially hydrogenated soybean oil, the chief component of the white stuff, was not good for their health, they at least felt a little guilty after eating Nabisco's chocolate biscuits. Nabisco even created the Double Stuff Oreo for those who are in a bulking phase, or who at least like to buy in bulk. Issaquah, Washington is home to Costco, the bulk warehouse company's world HQ. You can buy jumbo packs of Oreos for home consumption or for vending. But, if you want to pay for your items, you'd better not try and use your Discover card; they won't accept it. So, the question remains, when you go to Costco's flagship store in Seattle, and since you're on CUF we know you do, how do you pay for you items?

YOhio
11-05-2010, 08:16 AM
I am far from being an ass kisser, but I AM a dyed-in-the-wool 'Big Lebowski' fan. I love the Coen Brothers films.

John Turturro is (as usual) a comedic genius in that film. Of course Jeff Bridges makes an excellent Christ character too.

Seriously, stop kissing his ass. It's embarrassing.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 08:23 AM

When this board receives a cease and desist order from Polygram and JL is forced to drop the Jeff Lebowski moniker, I will still enjoy the hell out of that movie. I loved that movie 12 years before I gave two Doofenschmirtzes about this board or any personality on it. El Duderino is one of the greatest movie characters in recent memory, and JL has chosen wisely. No ass kissing involved.

I think a wiser use of my time is trying to find a way to get my wife's boobers done and have my MSA pay for it...

Jeff Lebowski
11-05-2010, 08:28 AM
When this board receives a cease and desist order from Polygram and JL is forced to drop the Jeff Lebowski moniker, I will still enjoy the hell out of that movie. I loved that movie 12 years before I gave two Doofenschmirtzes about this board or any personality on it. El Duderino is one of the greatest movie characters in recent memory, and JL has chosen wisely. No ass kissing involved.

I think a wiser use of my time is trying to find a way to get my wife's boobers done and have my MSA pay for it...

Pay no attention to him, amigo. Jealousy can be ugly sometimes.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Pay no attention to him, amigo. Jealousy can be ugly sometimes.

You want his toe? I can get you his toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
Hell, I can get you his toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish

wally
11-05-2010, 08:59 AM

I would be proud to have either of you two fine men pushing on my ass with your shoulders.

wally
11-05-2010, 09:01 AM

We should join forces. The doctors fix people, the engineers fix other stuff. I really don't know what attorneys do, but I can't imagine it involves fixing.

Jeff Lebowski
11-05-2010, 09:12 AM
We should join forces. The doctors fix people, the engineers fix other stuff. I really don't know what attorneys do, but I can't imagine it involves fixing.

elections?

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 09:28 AM
NWUF, please answer the following question, but consider your response carefully, as it may determine our future dealings on this site.

The launch of the space shuttle Discovery was scrubbed today, for about the fifth time in the last week. Today's cause was a suspected gaseous hydrogen leak. This will be Discovery's final flight (hopefully not "final" in the gaseous-hydrogen-Hindenberg-oh-the-huge-manatee sense of the word) after 39 trips into the ether. John Glenn rode aboard this orbiter, which might some day be made into a film, once Ed Harris gets old enough to play Glenn again like he did in The Right Stuff. NKOTB had a hit song with, oh, oh, oh oh, oh, "The Right Stuff," baby, which Oreos later used in a commercial advertising "The White Stuff." Once the average consumer discovered that partially hydrogenated soybean oil, the chief component of the white stuff, was not good for their health, they at least felt a little guilty after eating Nabisco's chocolate biscuits. Nabisco even created the Double Stuff Oreo for those who are in a bulking phase, or who at least like to buy in bulk. Issaquah, Washington is home to Costco, the bulk warehouse company's world HQ. You can buy jumbo packs of Oreos for home consumption or for vending. But, if you want to pay for your items, you'd better not try and use your Discover card; they won't accept it. So, the question remains, when you go to Costco's flagship store in Seattle, and since you're on CUF we know you do, how do you pay for you items?

Outstanding.

The final launch of the Discovery is in many ways a great loss for America as it means we have abandoned our thirst for exploration through travel, and are now required to hitch a ride with the 'friendly' Russians to use OUR space station. The Station nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island, which is near Boston, was a tragedy as 100 people died, including members of the band Great White. According to my kids, Wonder Bread is a great white-bread, although I can't stomach the stuff. Somehow the totally white-bread, middle-class NKOTB released an album called, "Hangin' Tough" because they were from Boston and claimed they were from the tough streets of Southie. Marky Mark was in NKOTB for a while, and was hanging VERY LONG as Dirk Diggler in Boogie Nights. He also 'Double Stuffed' some people in that movie and frankly he was big enough to 'Double Stuff' an 'actress' all by himself, if you know what I mean (that was one HELL of a prosthesis). Near the end of the movie he was doing naughty things in cars for anybody who would pay him, as he was very poor. I am married and thus cash-poor, so I always use a debit card. My Discover Card and I are not on speaking terms*, so this year I will likely upgrade to the AmEx card to get 3% cash back on fuel purchases...

*Discover speaks to me, but I refuse to respond. The day I finally pay off that balance is the day I close that account and walk away from them forever.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 09:31 AM
I would be proud to have either of you two fine men pushing on my ass with your shoulders.

We fellow ruckers are glad to push you and the hooker* in the ass...

*note this sentence makes PERFECT sense to a rugby player, but apparently the humor is lost on non-ruggers.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 09:32 AM

My computer at work is continually upgraded, but I wouldn't say that it has been 'fixed'. It was an UPGRADE, not an IMPROVEMENT.

Same thing.

clackamascoug
11-05-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm a little dubious about this guy.

Say's he's an engineer, but the responses were so wordy that it's counter intuitive to his profession. Every good engineer I've ever known was able to answer a question succinctly, and leave you feeling uncomfortable with how few words they used.

Say's he has been called to a church leadership position. Personally, I like my church leaders to walk the walk, and talk the talk, on and off the court. The F word is creeping in more around here, and it's not adding anything to the discussion. We don't need more... we need less.

Other than the potty mouth... Welcome.

FN Phat
11-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Outstanding.

The final launch of the Discovery is in many ways a great loss for America as it means we have abandoned our thirst for exploration through travel, and are now required to hitch a ride with the 'friendly' Russians to use OUR space station. The Station nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island, which is near Boston, was a tragedy as 100 people died, including members of the band Great White. According to my kids, Wonder Bread is a great white-bread, although I can't stomach the stuff. Somehow the totally white-bread, middle-class NKOTB released an album called, "Hangin' Tough" because they were from Boston and claimed they were from the tough streets of Southie. Marky Mark was in NKOTB for a while, and was hanging VERY LONG as Dirk Diggler in Boogie Nights. He also 'Double Stuffed' some people in that movie and frankly he was big enough to 'Double Stuff' an 'actress' all by himself, if you know what I mean (that was one HELL of a prosthesis). Near the end of the movie he was doing naughty things in cars for anybody who would pay him, as he was very poor. I am married and thus cash-poor, so I always use a debit card. My Discover Card and I are not on speaking terms*, so this year I will likely upgrade to the AmEx card to get 3% cash back on fuel purchases...

*Discover speaks to me, but I refuse to respond. The day I finally pay off that balance is the day I close that account and walk away from them forever.

I'm sorry, DDD. wuap just traded you in for a new fling.

Jarid in Cedar
11-05-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry, DDD. wuap just traded you in for a new fling.

The lack of reciprocation has him kicking the tires on all newcomers.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm a little dubious about this guy.

Say's he's an engineer, but the responses were so wordy that it's counter intuitive to his profession. Every good engineer I've ever known was able to answer a question succinctly, and leave you feeling uncomfortable with how few words they used.

Say's he has been called to a church leadership position. Personally, I like my church leaders to walk the walk, and talk the talk, on and off the court. The F word is creeping in more around here, and it's not adding anything to the discussion. We don't need more... we need less.

Other than the potty mouth... Welcome.

I lack the time to make my responses more succinct. I never said I was a good engineer, and besides this forum is NOT real life. My ADHD and OCD battle for dominance, and each side trades wins. When the Oppositional Defiance comes out to play, we are all in trouble.

I am conflicted with many things in the church, and would prefer not to be in a leadership position, but the current bishopric makes it difficult to get released.

My responses (including ALL of my answers in the original post) almost never include a potty mouth. If it happens, it will be extremely rare and judiciously used.

wuapinmon
11-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Outstanding.

Ahhhhh! We shall be great friends. Also, while you tried, and came close, my style is inimitable. Know that, newbs.

The lack of reciprocation has him kicking the tires on all newcomers.

DDD told me that he "got" one of my posts once. Like Wall-E, I only need a little of his sunshine to recharge my batteries for a century. I'm sure the sun will shine again someday, but until then, I have the memory of that day to keep me warm. There can be only one DDD.

The F word is creeping in more around here, and it's not adding anything to the discussion. We don't need more... we need less.

That's your perception. I'd say that its use is much less than when the site first started.

beelzebabette
11-05-2010, 02:23 PM
That's your perception. I'd say that its use is much less than when the site first started.
Were you here when the site started?

Babs
11-05-2010, 02:27 PM

It always seems like bbb's posts should be accompanied by the Adam West Batman onomatopoeic screens. This one merits at least a "bap!" and maybe even a "zim!" or a "shabam!"

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Ahhhhh! We shall be great friends. Also, while you tried, and came close, my style is inimitable. Know that, newbs.

Yes I tried, it was fun.

And please stop calling me cow p__sy. (这是中文翻译的发音) . In a roundabout way, 'newby' is onamatopoeiaic
(象声词) in Chinese for an incredibly derogatory, and simultaneously hilarious, insult...

wuapinmon
11-05-2010, 02:34 PM

I'm sorry, did much happen in the 12 days before I registered?

beelzebabette
11-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry, did much happen in the 12 days before I registered?
I'm not sure. I was only here for a week of that time. (Er, rather, a week of the first twelve days, not of the time period before you registered.)

LA Ute
11-05-2010, 05:00 PM

Pay no attention to YO, NWUF. He just wants his own posterior smooched.

And welcome! You are going to be a great tag-team partner for the Ute fans here. :evil:

wuapinmon
11-05-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure. I was only here for a week of that time. (Er, rather, a week of the first twelve days, not of the time period before you registered.)

That don't make no sense.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
11-06-2010, 07:54 AM
I welcome you as part of the PNW takeover of CUF, however having Northwest in your moniker is a great duty and responsibility. I hope you are capable of handling that great honor.

FN Phat
11-06-2010, 09:18 AM
I welcome you as part of the PNW takeover of CUF, however having Northwest in your moniker is a great duty and responsibility. I hope you are capable of handling that great honor.

I was disappointed by the choice.

NorthwestUteFan
11-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I was disappointed by the choice.

I didn't come here to be made sport of. (sic)

NorthwestUteFan
11-06-2010, 10:23 AM

Take good care of my boy, Chip Kelly.

NorthwestUteFan
11-06-2010, 10:25 AM

Kids, kids, kids, stop arguing about who was sitting there first and eat your hot dogs. You are about _this_ close to going to bed without dinner!

Coastal Ute
11-06-2010, 11:00 PM
You already have 135 posts? Holy f***!

NorthwestUteFan
11-07-2010, 08:09 AM
You already have 135 posts? Holy f***!

What can I say, yesterday was a busy day. It is hard work pushing back the frontiers of ignorance!

(And yes, the original overuse of the f*** word was satire).

SuperGabers
11-07-2010, 08:28 PM
What can I say, yesterday was a busy day. It is hard work pushing back the frontiers of ignorance!

(And yes, the original overuse of the f*** word was satire).

DDD will be sweating if you keep your post numbers up. Welcome.

NorthwestUteFan
11-08-2010, 01:36 PM
DDD will be sweating if you keep your post numbers up. Welcome.

I only need 65 posts per day for the next 2 years to catch up. Probably won't happen, ADHD will keep that from occuring.

If, on the other hand, I was in the habit of billing by the post...

Thanks for the welcome.

TheBYUGuy
11-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Is it safe to assume you were a missionary in Taiwan? And what led you to develop a preference for simplified rather than traditional characters?

NorthwestUteFan
11-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Is it safe to assume you were a missionary in Taiwan? And what led you to develop a preference for simplified rather than traditional characters?

I was Chinese speaking, but was stateside due to some health issues at the time.

And I couldn't find a good translation program with traditional characters quickly enough. I figured most people wouldn't know or care enough about Jung Gwo to recognize the difference, and those who did would let it slide.

Of course now that I look closer, I see Google has both. Should have checked there first!

Still, the English net-word "Newbie" sounds like an unbelievably offensive insult in Mandarin that only somebody like Ron Burgundy could invent. Funny stuff.

MarkGrace
11-09-2010, 11:17 AM
I need you to tell me which Seattle neighborhood, or I'm going ask you to change your location.

NorthwestUteFan
11-09-2010, 11:52 AM
I need you to tell me which Seattle neighborhood, or I'm going ask you to change your location.

Lower Queen Anne.

MarkGrace
11-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Lower Queen Anne.

Boom bitches!

NorthwestUteFan
11-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Boom bitches!

What'd I win?

MarkGrace
11-09-2010, 12:33 PM
What'd I win?

The right to use Seattle as your location.

NorthwestUteFan
11-09-2010, 01:20 PM
The right to use Seattle as your location.

Thanks. It is a wonderful, quaint little town.

I am still trying to get used to its inflated sense of self-importance...

So far I like the weather. Summers are outstanding, and winters are not so bad. Of course coming from New England ANYTHING is an improvement in the winter weather dept!

Overall people here are very nice, accepting, and accomodating. I like it!

MarkGrace
11-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks. It is a wonderful, quaint little town.

I am still trying to get used to its inflated sense of self-importance...

So far I like the weather. Summers are outstanding, and winters are not so bad. Of course coming from New England ANYTHING is an improvement in the winter weather dept!

Overall people here are very nice, accepting, and accomodating. I like it!

Oh, so you're pretty new? Welcome to town!

NorthwestUteFan
11-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Oh, so you're pretty new? Welcome to town!

I used to spend quite a bit of time up here sailing with my grandparents when I was growing up, but I only officially moved my own family here a few years ago.

Thanks! And thanks too for the restaurant suggestions.

MarkGrace
11-09-2010, 05:44 PM
I used to spend quite a bit of time up here sailing with my grandparents when I was growing up, but I only officially moved my own family here a few years ago.

Thanks! And thanks too for the restaurant suggestions.

Maybe you can take me sailing sometime. ;)

I've been wanting to take lessons at the Center for Wooden Boats for a couple years now, and I think I'm finally going to make it happen this summer. Just need to stock up on some Dramamine.

NorthwestUteFan
11-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Maybe you can take me sailing sometime. ;)

I've been wanting to take lessons at the Center for Wooden Boats for a couple years now, and I think I'm finally going to make it happen this summer. Just need to stock up on some Dramamine.

The Wooden Boat Center is a great place. My grandfather volunteered there for many years. Woodworking in that manner is a dying art in the USA. They are great skills to learn.

I enjoy sailing in the winter, but most people won't. The winds are HUGE, the seas can get rough, and typically it is quite cold. Seasickness is almost guaranteed for people who are succeptible.

Very likely we will be able to work something out for the spring/summer though!

If you can find it, try to get some Meclizine (Dramamine II, Bonine, etc). I think it is prescription-only in the US, but is OTC in Canada (True North, Strong and Free!). GOOOD stuff, and it doesn't make me tired or unsteady in any way. The scopolamine patches are supposed to be good too.
Otherwise, aim overboard and go for distance. If you puke in my boat you are swimming home.