OFFICIAL BYU vs. UNLV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL BYU vs. UNLV Thread

BYU opens as 18-point favorites. That is interesting given that they have not scored more than 25 points in a game this year. Then again, they haven't played UNLV yet.

SU or Bishop V, can you tell us if that line has moved yet?

We are going to break 30 this week. I can feel it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

UNLV is averaging, what, 10 points a game?

Comment

Let's get this thread fired up!!!!!

Lets talk tailgate, CUF get-togethers, scalping tickets, etc. Saturday can't get here soon enough!
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

BYU's biggest win this season has been by 5 points and it doesn't look like they will be opening up the playbook anytime soon. But maybe they found a large measure of offensive chemistry in the bye week.

Goatnapper's favorite eye candy, Jordan Pendleton, might be back this week.

Comment

I was hoping to see a major improvement in offensive play this week, seeing as we are playing UNLV and all. This isn't very encouraging.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars...ugars.html.csp

Does coach Bronco Mendenhall see improvement?

“Hard to say,” he said. “I am not even sure which scale to measure it on. I used an analogy after the [Wyoming] game. We have a story in our program that matters a lot to us about some climbers making a first ascent. At one point it took them three days to move six feet. It would be similar to that. We are making progress. It is not leaps and bounds. It is incremental. But I still see some progress. It is inch by inch, and brick by brick right now.”
            Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              We are going to break 30 this week. I can feel it.
              Yards or points?

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                Yards or points?

ba-dum-ching.
                Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 11-02-2010, 08:19 AM.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

If Donut goes to the game we are going to lose.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Counting down the days. Am I the only one that is psyched for this clash of the titans? I had trouble sleeping last night.

Anyone with me to hang out at the UNLV team hotel all night and razz the players, make noise, etc?
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Injury report from Jay Drew:

Not much new to report on the injury situation:
                      * Outside linebacker Jordan Pendleton, who hasn't played since straining his knee against Utah State, practiced a little bit Wednesday, non-contact stuff, and will be a game-time decision for UNLV, trainer Kevin Morris said.
                      * Morris said inside linebacker Brandon Ogletree (ankle) practiced Wednesday, participated in the team (contact) sessions, and is probable for Saturday.
                      * Sophomore backup offensive tackle Walter Kahaiali'i had his knee scoped during the bye week and is out 2-4 weeks. Walter K. is listed as the backup to Matt Reynolds at left tackle and the backup to Braden Brown at right tackle on the depth chart.

Comment

Also saw that Kori Gaines is suiting up for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          Also saw that Kori Gaines is suiting up for this game.
                          Two things did you post this to show that he is obviously not suspended? Or because they are pulling his redshirt so late?

Bronco said earlier this week that the rumors of pulling redshirts was not true.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            Two things did you post this to show that he is obviously not suspended? Or because they are pulling his redshirt so late?

Bronco said earlier this week that the rumors of pulling redshirts was not true.

No, not pulling his RS. He is being rewarded for having 2 good weeks of practice. Honestly, I had forgotten about the suspension rumors.

Comment

Luke Ashworth said that BYU has running a ton of 2 minute offense and they have been very uptempo "slinging the ball around". He said he thinks they will be a lot more balanced on offense this week.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                              X