• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Frogs/Utes thread

Confirmed: GameDay is coming to Salt Lake

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...video=5748114/
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

I'm glad you started this thread and that you used a normal title. Had SU started it we would have been stuck with something like "The Most Important Game in MWC History." That would have been lame.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
      I'm glad you started this thread and that you used a normal title. Had SU started it we would have been stuck with something like "The Most Important Game in MWC History." That would have been lame.
      Although, given the future of the MCW, this may very well be true.

Comment

What is the status of Devonte Christopher? I think the Utes really missed him against AF.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          What is the status of Devonte Christopher? I think the Utes really missed him against AF.
          One of the things I have wondered is whether spreading it around so much at WR will deprive us of a "go to" guy. Brooks is the most seasoned guy, but he is not the big target on third down that Devonte is.

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
            That got me thinking...to decide what game has been the most important in MWC history, you'd have to choose from a University of Utah victory. Start with Utah vs BYU '04. That was pretty important. But so was TCU/Utah in 2008. And Utah/BYU '08 wasn't small be any means. This game, though, it could be bigger than those. It probably will be.

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
            Most likely.
            "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
            -John Heisman

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post
              That got me thinking...to decide what game has been the most important in MWC history, you'd have to choose from a University of Utah victory. Start with Utah vs BYU '04. That was pretty important. But so was TCU/Utah in 2008. And Utah/BYU '08 wasn't small be any means. This game, though, it could be bigger than those. It probably will be.

Most likely.
              The Utah/BYU game in 2004 wasn't a big game. It was a foregone conclusion. The work had already been done that year and that game was a season ending celebration. Any game against any team would have served that purpose in 04.

The TCU game in 08 was huge. The BYU game in 08 was not as big as the TCU game, but it was big, again, because it was game 12 and we were 11-0.

Comment

Game time and channel?
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  Game time and channel?
                  1:30 local time. CBSCHD

Comment

I don't know if it's common or not, but CBS has been cross-promoting the Utah/TCU game on CBS-CS today.

Comment

I actually have tickets to the Utah-TCU game but cannot go. Well, I can't responsibly go. So my two sons will be there and I will be glued to my TV set. I will certainly feel wistful as I watch all the goings-on at RES that day.

As for the game itself, I just hope the Utes win, or at least make a good showing. I have no predictions to make and there's no swagger in me for this one.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

For anyone who wants to remember the 2008 game:

[YOUTUBE]4O7Atnr8c_4[/YOUTUBE]
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                          hence the lameness of it.
                          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Line opens TCU -4.5, quickly drops to -4.0.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                              The Utah/BYU game in 2004 wasn't a big game. It was a foregone conclusion. The work had already been done that year and that game was a season ending celebration. Any game against any team would have served that purpose in 04.

The TCU game in 08 was huge. The BYU game in 08 was not as big as the TCU game, but it was big, again, because it was game 12 and we were 11-0.
                              Everyone knew Utah was going to win this game, but how could it not be considered a big, if not HUGE game? Granted BYU was unranked and basically crap that year, I still don't think that qualifies that game as just a celebration. First Non-AQ to go to a BCS bowl? Undefeated season just two years after going 5-6? It depends on how you choose to look at it.
                              "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
                              -John Heisman

Comment

Working...
                              X