Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 2010 Utah vs. TCU the biggest WAC/MWC game ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 2010 Utah vs. TCU the biggest WAC/MWC game ever?

Have two so accomplished and admired teams, programs, and coaches ever before squared off for WAC/MWC supremacy? Have the stakes ever been so high? CLASH OF THE TITANS!!!

And this comes when the Utes are 39-4 in their last 43 games, two years ago BCS (computer rankings) champions, SUGAR BOWL champions over storied Alabama and its deified coach, 8-0 and ranked no. 5? and undefeated vs. TCU, no. 3? and the best team the Utes have ever played in the history of the MWC/WAC.
    Yes, this is the biggest MWC/WAC game ever
    71.43%
    No, it's not
    28.57%
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Yes.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      Yes.
      I agree.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

NOTE: Poll should say 2010. UtahDan pls fix it.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Admired?

Not by me.

But yeah, sure. It's the best game, best two teams by ranking ever. Pretty sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            Have two so accomplished and admired teams, programs, and coaches ever before squared off for WAC/MWC supremacy? Have the stakes ever been so high? CLASH OF THE TITANS!!!

And this comes when the Utes are 39-4 in their last 43 games, two years ago BCS (computer rankings) champions, SUGAR BOWL champions over storied Alabama and its deified coach, 8-0 and ranked no. 5? and undefeated vs. TCU, no. 3? and the best team the Utes have ever played in the history of the MWC/WAC.
            It's the biggest game simply because no two teams have been so highly ranked facing off in the league. The rest of your hyperbole is nauseating.

This is one of my favorite games of the year because one of those two teams has to lose. In a perfect world, I'd love to see Utah take out TCU and then BYU take out Utah spoiling both teams' BCS hopes.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Also why is the WAC included in your poll?
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Also why is the WAC included in your poll?
                Because the MWC is only 10 years old or so and the WAC once had all the MWC teams in it. It's to highlight the importance of the game. Isn't that obvious.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

It's the biggest game simply because no two teams have been so highly ranked facing off in the league. The rest of your hyperbole is nauseating.

This is one of my favorite games of the year because one of those two teams has to lose.
                  In a perfect world, I'd love to see Utah take out TCU and then BYU take out Utah spoiling both teams' BCS hopes.
                  Agreed. It's great because it's what a playoff would be -- a head-to-head matchup where one teams moves on to a minimum of a BCS game and possibly a national championship game and the other team doesn't.

Comment

This is one of my favorite games of the year because one of those two teams has to lose. In a perfect world, I'd love to see Utah take out TCU and then BYU take out Utah spoiling both teams' BCS hopes.
                    Sore loser.

But hey, at least bronco is consistent.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Because the MWC is only 10 years old or so and the WAC once had all the MWC teams in it. It's to highlight the importance of the game. Isn't that obvious.
                      Oh so more hyperbole?
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess one could argue that the TCU/Boise game last year was one of the top 3-5 MWC/WAC games ever, but I bet that's not what you're going for.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                          Agreed. It's great because it's what a playoff would be -- a head-to-head matchup where one teams moves on to a minimum of a BCS game and possibly a national championship game and the other team doesn't.
                          He doesnn't mean what you mean. He means his hatred for both these teams is so white hot (I wonder why?) it's at least a consolation that one of them will lose.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Oh so more hyperbole?
                            No, it's a fair question. In fact, last year Pelagius dug up some interesting facts about other big games in the old WAC featuring top 10 teams.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Sore loser.

But hey, at least bronco is consistent.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X