• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utes #7 in Coaches, #8 in AP

'Bama is still ahead of them in both:

Coaches

AP

Oregon, Boise St., Auburn, TCU, Michigan St., Alabama is the top 6 in both.
    Last edited by scottie; 10-24-2010, 09:54 AM.

Bama or Auburn will eventually fall behind Utah. Maybe both.

Michigan State travels to Iowa this week.

Missouri travels to Nebraska.

I am really, really starting to believe that the winner of the Utah/TCU game will pass Boise in the BCS rankings. This will be especially true should Auburn beat Bama. That would move Auburn past Boise in the human polls.

Dropping Boise to 3, TCU at 4 and Utah, up to 5 (if MSU and Missouri lose)

Even if Utah just climbs to 6 prior to TCU, I think Utah passes Boise in the BCS standings.

Comment

Auburn will not fall behind Utah if they win out.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        You didn't read. Either Auburn or Alabama will fall behind Utah. Maybe both. They PLAY EACH OTHER.

It is conceivable that if Alabama beats Auburn that a 1 loss Alabama team falls behind TCU/Utah, too.

Comment

Baylor Bears are ranked.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Baylor Bears are ranked.
            Baylor's been good since last year. This is well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
              Baylor's been good since last year. This is well deserved.
              I'm not saying it is undeserved, just one of those names more accustomed to the bottom 10 in my life than top 25.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Stupid Wilner dragging my Utes' ranking down.

http://www.pollspeak.com/pollstalker...t1=107&w=9&r=T

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                  Stupid Wilner dragging my Utes' ranking down.

http://www.pollspeak.com/pollstalker...t1=107&w=9&r=T
                  Better get used to it, based in strategic San Jose, Wilner is considered one of the main national voices for the Pac 10 and always the last to believe in or rank well at Pac 10 team. He has Oregon at #4.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                    No kidding.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

For a good laugh read his [Wilner's] logic. I would be surprised if he and his publication don't revel in their notoriety.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/college...-auburns-no-1/
                      Last edited by SloanHater; 10-24-2010, 12:22 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

* Moved San Diego State onto the ballot at No. 19.

This had zero to do with the Aztecs’ victory at New Mexico and everything to do with the Missouri-Oklahoma result: SDSU lost at Mizzou by three points on a Blaine Gabbert touchdown pass with less than a minute left.

And in my team-by-team log, that is SDSU’s only loss of the season.

Now, I realize the Aztecs were credited with a loss at BYU, but I don’t consider that a defeat because of the controversial fumble call that led to the decisive points for BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                          Bama or Auburn will eventually fall behind Utah. Maybe both.
                          A reasonable assumption. Utah beats TCU and wins out; LSU beats Alabama on Nov. 6th; then Alabama beats Auburn a month from now. Get a little help from, say, Arkansas against LSU, and that keeps the SEC behind Utah when the final BCS rankings are released.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                            A reasonable assumption. Utah beats TCU and wins out; LSU beats Alabama on Nov. 6th; then Alabama beats Auburn a month from now. Get a little help from, say, Arkansas against LSU, and that keeps the SEC behind Utah when the final BCS rankings are released.

I will guarantee that a one loss SEC champ will be ranked ahead of an undefeated Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              I will guarantee that a one loss SEC champ will be ranked ahead of an undefeated Utah.
                              I don't know if that's true. Hypothetically, Utah wins out and gets to 4th in the BCS rankings. Auburn goes 11-1 with a loss to 10-2 Alabama in the last week of the season, dropping them to, say, 8th. Who can Auburn play and beat in the SEC title game to vault them that far? The SEC East is weak this year. Whoever the Tigers face will be ranked behind them.
                              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X