Bronco says he'll be DC next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco says he'll be DC next year

Finished listening to the Wed night weekly radio show with Wrubell.

Bronco says it's very probably he will remain DC next year, and as it sits today he's almost certain he will.

This is good news I think.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      This is good news I think.
      I agree. At least for the near future.

Comment

Bronco has really tried to emulate the LaVell Model. However, I don't think that fits best with his personality, nor does it fit well with his strengths and attributes as a coach and how he can most effectively help the team.

There is definitely a danger of burnout, but I think him remaining as DC might be a good idea.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

A few things.

1. I think he's at least an above average DC when it comes to X's and O's
          2. His players seem to love him and want to give maximum effort for him. It would be better if he could do this at the CEO level and affect the whole team, but it only seems to work at the coordinator or position level when he gets into the nuts and bolts.
          3. The natural extension will be he will be more active in recruiting as he gets more invested in the defense.
          4. His focus will be more on x's and o's and less on church representation when he interacts with the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
            Bronco has really tried to emulate the LaVell Model. However, I don't think that fits best with his personality, nor does it fit well with his strengths and attributes as a coach and how he can most effectively help the team.

There is definitely a danger of burnout, but I think him remaining as DC might be a good idea.
            Doesn't taking over the DC duties lead him closer to burn out?

I think your defense is going to improve over what it is now, but coudln't that happen by hiring a decent DC?

I wonder if Bronco's just sick of dealing with other personalities for the time being.

Comment

So who will the new Head Coach be?

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                Doesn't taking over the DC duties lead him closer to burn out?

I think your defense is going to improve over what it is now, but coudln't that happen by hiring a decent DC?

I wonder if Bronco's just sick of dealing with other personalities for the time being.
                Burn out is definitely a concern, especially if he can't effectively delegate more of the administrative stuff to others -- like he is claiming he's doing with Reynolds.

Bronco is a "decent DC". That's what made him the youngest DC in PAC10 history and one of the five youngest head coaches when he was initially hired.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post

Bronco is a "decent DC". That's what made him the youngest DC in PAC10 history and one of the five youngest head coaches when he was initially hired.
                  Oregon State. For one year when their program was about on par with UNM today. And BYU when our choice was Reynolds or Bronco and the decision was made by Elder Eyring based on a powerpoint presentation on BYU football and the spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                    So who will the new Head Coach be?
                    Mike Leach.
                    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Speaking of the balance between burn-out and having full delegation of the DC duties to someone else, I think Bronco had it right in the 2007 or 2008 timeframe. Jaime Hill was doing a great job with the secondary and even got the DC title, but Bronco was still in charge ultimately. Partial delegation to Hill seemed to work well, but obviously it got out of hand over time.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised. Seems like a big job.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                          Speaking of the balance between burn-out and having full delegation of the DC duties to someone else, I think Bronco had it right in the 2007 or 2008 timeframe. Jaime Hill was doing a great job with the secondary and even got the DC title, but Bronco was still in charge ultimately. Partial delegation to Hill seemed to work well, but obviously it got out of hand over time.
                          Even then though we didn't go nickel, IIRC. Or did that start last year?

Also, when's the last time we saw a corner blitz? Has that ever been part of Bronco's repertoire?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            Even then though we didn't go nickel, IIRC. Or did that start last year?

Also, when's the last time we saw a corner blitz? Has that ever been part of Bronco's repertoire?
                            There were a lot of safety blitzes with the 3-3-5, but I don't remember many corner blitzes. Eason really surprised everyone except Bronco with that hit last week.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              Last week. Didn't Corby Eason get a sack on a corner blitz? And I think the week before.
                              If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Working...
                              X