Underachieving college FB programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underachieving college FB programs

UCLA, San Diego St. and Illinois would be my top three. I can't figure out why these three programs suck year after year.

Throw Arizona State in there too.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

The ACC.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        The ACC.
        I'm always surprised North Carolina doesn't have a top ten program every year. Good weather, good population base to pull from and a good school.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          I'm always surprised North Carolina doesn't have a top ten program every year. Good weather, good population base to pull from and a good school.
          They were close to having one this year until half of their starters got busted.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I would throw in Notre Dame. What is their real problem. They are always coming back to the glory days. I hope we don't move into the same funk.

I am not comparing our glory days to ND's.

Comment

If a BYU fan lists BYU in this thread, I'm hunting them down and shooting them.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                I would throw in Notre Dame. What is their real problem. They are always coming back to the glory days. I hope we don't move into the same funk.

I am not comparing our glory days to ND's.
                High academic standards and not being affiliated with a conference hurts them. I'm glad BYU doesn't face those hurdles.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  Even UVA not having a good program is a bit surprising. I keep telling my friends that are UVA alums that they need to go after Gary Patterson.
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

UNLV seems like another one that really should be better.

Comment

Colorado. Sure, they somehow won a (shared) national championship in 1990 by beating Notre Dame by a score of 10-9 with a season record of 11-1-1. They tied Tennessee that year only because the Volunteers decided to kick the extra point instead of going for two. They only beat Missouri because they were given five downs for the last winning play of the game and lost to Illinois. For some reason the 1990-91 AP voters liked them kind of like the Boise State's of today. Personally I'm glad they are leaving the Big 12 to stink up some other conference.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Washington.

Comment

Clemson.

Comment

BYU

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                              BYU
                              BYU is the 25th most prestigious college football program of all time!
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X