Anyone listen to 1280 this morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone listen to 1280 this morning?

There was a former BYU player on with Hans: "Ben". I didn't catch the last name. Ben Cahoon?

Hans said he was going to report on some stuff about Oneal Chambers including a prank he played on Jake Heaps. I got out of my car and came into work at that point and missed it. Did anyone hear that? No mention on CB of it.

I have to give credit to Hans, Jan, Kyle. They have transformed 1280 from stupid shows that never talked sports and non stop told lame jokes and unfunny personal anecdotes to a station that is on the top of local sports with decent insight while mixing in humor and entertainment. Good job to them. 1320 nearly killed them, but I'd say 1280 is back on top.

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    There was a former BYU player on with Hans: "Ben". I didn't catch the last name. Ben Cahoon?

Hans said he was going to report on some stuff about Oneal Chambers including a prank he played on Jake Heaps. I got out of my car and came into work at that point and missed it. Did anyone hear that? No mention on CB of it.

I have to give credit to Hans, Jan, Kyle. They have transformed 1280 from stupid shows that never talked sports and non stop told lame jokes and unfunny personal anecdotes to a station that is on the top of local sports with decent insight while mixing in humor and entertainment. Good job to them. 1320 nearly killed them, but I'd say 1280 is back on top.
    are you saying that 1280 used to be worse?

1320 and 1280...how can they not help but be on top of the local sports scene? that is basically all they talk about for 3 hours.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Same. The only show I won't listen to is Monson, and not because I don't like him, but his show sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        are you saying that 1280 used to be worse?

1320 and 1280...how can they not help but be on top of the local sports scene? that is basically all they talk about for 3 hours.

When Hans and John Lund first got started all we heard was hilarious stories like the time Hans ate a really big bowl of cereal or the time John Lund lost the keys to his car on a really important day.

Comment

It's Criddle. I have been impressed with how frank Ben and Jan have been. They have been pretty critical of the coaching staff and some players at times. Of course the usual "CB" crowd is now calling them haters.

Comment

Criddle I believe. Cahoon is playing in the CFL.

Roughly this story that I was emailed yesterday:

"Just heard that OC basically head butted a roommate and the roomy had to go to the hospital. When Bronco found out, he called him in and asked OC to go clean out his locker then to come see him. Appears that OC went to Heaps locker, cleaned it out and took it to Bronco and told Bronco Heaps is the reason that the teams sucks this year. After that, OC got suspended for the rest of the year. "
            OC admitted to cleaning out Heaps locker as a prank.

Comment

Here is OC's perspective:

http://universe.byu.edu/node/11559
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                It's Criddle. I have been impressed with how frank Ben and Jan have been. They have been pretty critical of the coaching staff and some players at times. Of course the usual "CB" crowd is now calling them haters.
                Of course Criddle. I've heard when they've invited him on before. I don't know why I had didn't recognize his voice.

Comment

According to Hans after the TCU game Oneill was throwing a fit in the locker room and started yelling at Jake calling him selfish. This caused a bit of unrest amongst the team where a fight almost broke out.

When they returned home Bronco had enough of Oneill and told him to clean out his locker. Oneill cleaned out Heaps locker and threw it all on the floor of Broncos office telling Bronco that if he wants to win that is who he needs to get rid of. He claims it was a joke.

The fight with the roommate I have heard a few times as well but Hans did not mention that.

Also Chambers gave Bronco a list of 6 or 7 D-1 programs he is looking to transfer too and he was given his official release.
                  *Banned*

Comment

When Hans and John Lund first got started all we heard was hilarious stories like the time Hans ate a really big bowl of cereal or the time John Lund lost the keys to his car on a really important day.
                    Sports radio in Utah is abysmal.

This summer we were visiting my 'laws. I was in the backyard all day helping to sand/stain their deck, so I figure it would be a good excuse to bust out the radio and listen to sports talk all day. This particular month was huge in sports......the World Cup was underway. The SC sanctions had just been announced. Boston/Lakers NBA finals. The Blackhawks had just won the Stanley Cup, ending a decades long drought.

What was the topic of conversation on both 1320 and 1280? The new Jazz draft, the kid from Butler, had arrived in Utah for a press conference and forgot to pack his suit. So the Jazz had to drive him around and get fitted for a suit.

sigpic

Comment

This summer we were visiting my 'laws. I was in the backyard all day helping to sand/stain their deck, so I figure it would be a good excuse to bust out the radio and listen to sports talk all day. This particular month was huge in sports......the World Cup was underway. The SC sanctions had just been announced. Boston/Lakers NBA finals. The Blackhawks had just won the Stanley Cup, ending a decades long drought.

What was the topic of conversation on both 1320 and 1280? The new Jazz draft, the kid from Butler, had arrived in Utah for a press conference and forgot to pack his suit. So the Jazz had to drive him around and get fitted for a suit.
                      Huh? If the draft had already been held, the hockey and basketball playoffs would have already long been (at least more than a week) in the rear-view mirror. I'm not going to defend Utah sports radio, but you're suggesting that they should be talking about the Lakers and Reggie Bush? Really?

Comment

That's how I felt about Socal sports talk radio when I lived down there. Lame boring Laker talk all day. Nothing interesting. Sounded like the talking heads down there were just like the ones up here: Lame personal stories mixed with some local sports.

As far as all those national sports stories, that is left to national shows not any local shows that I know of. Point is, most local radio sucks whether it's Utah, Idaho, Arizona, Georgia or California (the worst show I heard was the Razor and Mr. T from up in SF.. Holy crap that was annoying.. Ireland and Mason were awful too).

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          That's how I felt about Socal sports talk radio when I lived down there. Lame boring Laker talk all day. Nothing interesting. Sounded like the talking heads down there were just like the ones up here: Lame personal stories mixed with some local sports.

As far as all those national sports stories, that is left to national shows not any local shows that I know of. Point is, most local radio sucks whether it's Utah, Idaho, Arizona, Georgia or California (the worst show I heard was the Razor and Mr. T from up in SF.. Holy crap that was annoying.. Ireland and Mason were awful too).

That is still how I feel about SoCal sports radio when I visit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                            Huh? If the draft had already been held, the hockey and basketball playoffs would have already long been (at least more than a week) in the rear-view mirror. I'm not going to defend Utah sports radio, but you're suggesting that they should be talking about the Lakers and Reggie Bush? Really?
                            Yes. Lakers, Blackhawks, SC sanctions, all of it. Throw in some baseball, as well.

I guess since the Jazz are the only professional team in the state, that is going to be the focus. Other areas have multiple professional teams, so there will be talk of all leagues.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

Yes, there is no talk of dodgers, kings, ducks, ucla, MLB, etc.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X