This guy deserves father of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy deserves father of the year

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXkoIBDXwd8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Weather balloon GPS space flight iPhone camera footage homemade spacecraft 100,000 ft altitude (HD)[/nomedia]

Absolutely awesome.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

That is awesome. It's oddly inspiring.

Comment

Cool. If your kid goes to school with that kid, forget winning the science fair this year.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Should have used a Droid. That was we could see the landing.
        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

That is very cool. But it's a shame they didn't wait for a clear day.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I bought one of these from Amazon because my neighbors' dogs will not STFU when I go anywhere into my yard: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've asked all of them, politely, to not let their dogs just bark all day. They have each promised me that they would take care of it, more than once. The other day, after listening to them bark, at night, for about three hours, I called the non-emergency police line and was told, politely, that animal control only worked 9-5. So, I ordered this device out of desperation. We'll see if it works.

Anyhow, it came today, and Jack opened it up and brought it in to me, and was reading the name off the box, and looked up at me to ask me what it was, and I barked REALLY LOUDLY at him, and he jumped as high as I've ever seen him jump, dropped it, and ran off crying. Once I stopped laughing, I had to go and calm him down, deal with his being mad at me, but, it's still so funny that I'm having a hard time apologizing and not giggling. I wish I could record my eyes' memories.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              I bought one of these from Amazon because my neighbors' dogs will not STFU when I go anywhere into my yard: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've asked all of them, politely, to not let their dogs just bark all day. They have each promised me that they would take care of it, more than once. The other day, after listening to them bark, at night, for about three hours, I called the non-emergency police line and was told, politely, that animal control only worked 9-5. So, I ordered this device out of desperation. We'll see if it works.

Anyhow, it came today, and Jack opened it up and brought it in to me, and was reading the name off the box, and looked up at me to ask me what it was, and I barked REALLY LOUDLY at him, and he jumped as high as I've ever seen him jump, dropped it, and ran off crying. Once I stopped laughing, I had to go and calm him down, deal with his being mad at me, but, it's still so funny that I'm having a hard time apologizing and not giggling. I wish I could record my eyes' memories.
              I may have told this story before - but I don't remember, so I'm just going to tell it again.

Several years ago my wife was woken up around 1am to the sound of a dog outside barking. It was faint enough I couldn't hardly even hear it - but to her it must've sounded like a fire truck was driving by, because she just could NOT let it go. After complaining to me about how inconsiderate it is to allow your dog to bark in the middle of night, she went out on the back porch to see if she could determine who's dog it was. Only as soon as she got outside, it stopped.

So she came back to bed - only to have the dog start barking again. She made it about 15 minutes before she was up and heading to the back porch to catch the culprit. Only to find that once again, the dog stopped barking. We played this game of her lying in bed listening to the dog bark intermittently, then going out to the back porch to discover who's dog it was only to have the barking stop for the next hour.

We had a dog ourselves at the time, that typically lived outside. So at this point she decided that she did NOT want the neighbors to believe it was OUR dog that kept the neighborhood up barking all night, so she brought him inside.

For the next 4 hours she lay steaming in bed. Huffing about how inconsiderate the neighbor is that wouldn't stop their dog from barking all night, wondering what the stupid dog was barking about and why it hadn't tired out yet, periodically getting up and going out onto the porch to see if she could hear where the barking was coming from - only to have the dumb dog stop barking EVERY SINGLE TIME she did.

Around 6am - after a night of absolutely no sleep and the dogs barking actually becoming MORE frequent (if that was possible) - I started to notice a pattern.

I rolled over and looked at my lovely wife, who glared laser beams back at me, still angry about a horrible night of no sleep, and I asked her "Is that dog barking 'Old McDonald?'"

The pattern became even more clear. And the answer was yes. Why yes it was.

And that's when we discovered that in the hallway, on a counter just outside of our bedroom and across from the kids bathroom, was a small electronic toy like the one I've linked below - with a keyboard and keys that you could make it do animal sounds instead of notes. It had several pre-programmed songs, like Old McDonald; Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, etc. One of our little kids had thrown it in the bathtub 4-5 days earlier and we figured it was dead. Only apparently it had dried out enough to begin working again. Just intermitten barking sounds at first, which of course was inaudible from the back porch since it was inside by our bedroom, which ultimately grew until we got the full Old McDonald song.

And that's my story of being kept up all night - not by a barking dog, but by a crazy woman.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

rat poison and hot dogs are cheap
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  Hot dogs soaked in antifreeze. AKA "blue weenies"
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

FTR no matter how annoying a neighbor’s dog/cat is I don’t believe you should kill it.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      FTR no matter how annoying a neighbor’s dog/cat is I don’t believe you should kill it.
                      We have an open field next to our house and a friend of mine keeps some horses there. That generates some flies, but we don't mind. But a few weeks ago they started chaining a dog there. The dog barked non-stop for hours EVERY SINGLE DAY. And often during the night. I am sure it would occasionally run out of food or water, but they live a block away, so they can't hear it or take care of the problem.

After so much sleep deprivation, I briefly considered the blue weenie approach, but confronted my friend instead and asked him to take care of the problem. The dog is gone. Now we are going to have the family over for pizza or bbq to show that there are no hard feelings.

FTR, I have never killed a neighbor's dog.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        what if all it does is constantly talk about how gender is a spectrum
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I have heard it is very easy with a little ground beef and d-con rolled together. This works very well for dogs that insist in overturning trash cans and making a huge mess.

FTR, I did not do this myself.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

what if all it does is constantly talk about how gender is a spectrum
                            Give it the meatball.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              I may have told this story before - but I don't remember, so I'm just going to tell it again.

Several years ago my wife was woken up around 1am to the sound of a dog outside barking. It was faint enough I couldn't hardly even hear it - but to her it must've sounded like a fire truck was driving by, because she just could NOT let it go. After complaining to me about how inconsiderate it is to allow your dog to bark in the middle of night, she went out on the back porch to see if she could determine who's dog it was. Only as soon as she got outside, it stopped.

So she came back to bed - only to have the dog start barking again. She made it about 15 minutes before she was up and heading to the back porch to catch the culprit. Only to find that once again, the dog stopped barking. We played this game of her lying in bed listening to the dog bark intermittently, then going out to the back porch to discover who's dog it was only to have the barking stop for the next hour.

We had a dog ourselves at the time, that typically lived outside. So at this point she decided that she did NOT want the neighbors to believe it was OUR dog that kept the neighborhood up barking all night, so she brought him inside.

For the next 4 hours she lay steaming in bed. Huffing about how inconsiderate the neighbor is that wouldn't stop their dog from barking all night, wondering what the stupid dog was barking about and why it hadn't tired out yet, periodically getting up and going out onto the porch to see if she could hear where the barking was coming from - only to have the dumb dog stop barking EVERY SINGLE TIME she did.

Around 6am - after a night of absolutely no sleep and the dogs barking actually becoming MORE frequent (if that was possible) - I started to notice a pattern.

I rolled over and looked at my lovely wife, who glared laser beams back at me, still angry about a horrible night of no sleep, and I asked her "Is that dog barking 'Old McDonald?'"

The pattern became even more clear. And the answer was yes. Why yes it was.

And that's when we discovered that in the hallway, on a counter just outside of our bedroom and across from the kids bathroom, was a small electronic toy like the one I've linked below - with a keyboard and keys that you could make it do animal sounds instead of notes. It had several pre-programmed songs, like Old McDonald; Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, etc. One of our little kids had thrown it in the bathtub 4-5 days earlier and we figured it was dead. Only apparently it had dried out enough to begin working again. Just intermitten barking sounds at first, which of course was inaudible from the back porch since it was inside by our bedroom, which ultimately grew until we got the full Old McDonald song.

And that's my story of being kept up all night - not by a barking dog, but by a crazy woman.
                              That is a funny story.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X