Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike D'antoni is becoming a weasel.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike D'antoni is becoming a weasel.......

First of all he has some lame excuse about why Marbury is not playing, saying that Marbury is a 40 minute a night guy or nothing, that you cant play a guy like Marbury 10 minutes a night. Why not just say you dont like him or want him on your team and get rid of him? Buy him out, trade him, whatever. Charles Barkley dropped a BullShi.... last night leaving off the T and almost saying the whole thing when D'antoni said this.

Then they asked him about the Knicks and he said that Jamal Crawford is a 25 point a night guy, a future MVP, etc, etc. Well they traded him today for Al Harrington. Does that mean Al Harrington is the second coming of Bill Russell?

I wonder if it is just the Knicks head coaching job that makes you this way.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    First of all he has some lame excuse about why Marbury is not playing, saying that Marbury is a 40 minute a night guy or nothing, that you cant play a guy like Marbury 10 minutes a night. Why not just say you dont like him or want him on your team and get rid of him? Buy him out, trade him, whatever. Charles Barkley dropped a BullShi.... last night leaving off the T and almost saying the whole thing when D'antoni said this.

Then they asked him about the Knicks and he said that Jamal Crawford is a 25 point a night guy, a future MVP, etc, etc. Well they traded him today for Al Harrington. Does that mean Al Harrington is the second coming of Bill Russell?

I wonder if it is just the Knicks head coaching job that makes you this way.
    Sounds a lot like what the Redskins did with LaVar Arrington and several others.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

The Knicks are an absolute mess. Terrible.

$20 mil to Marbury? $17 mil to Randolph? $12 mil or so to Eddy Curry? $8 mil to Malik Rose? Those 4 players make more than quite a few TEAMS payrolls in the NBA, and their production sucks. Marbury and Curry can't see the court, and Malik Rose, it feels like he hasn't played in years.

I like the fit of Harrington in NY but I don't think the trade really helps New York much. Crawford was a guy who could score consistently and bring the ball up the floor. I guess if you are New York you make this deal because Harrington's deal is a year shorter and you are just hoping to cut cap space. But I honestly don't think that it makes them, or Golden State, a better deal.

Comment

Guys, this isn't D'Antoni. If you and I know that the Knicks are salary cap-strapped, D'Antoni does, too. He isnt going to leave the Phoenix Suns to come coach the Knicks unless there is a 5-year plan and lots of conversations about personnel. And if you are an incoming coach for the Knicks, the first player you talk about on that roster is the salary cap glutton.

Once the Knicks decided to give Isiah all the Red Lobster time he desires, it was only a matter of time before they got rid of Starbury, as well. He is a cancer everywhere he goes and really has never made any team significantly better, at least not in the playoffs. He should have spent less time being Mr SexTruck and more time working on his shooting and watching game film.

My guess is that the Knicks were relieved to find a coach that runs a fan-friendly offense that was willing to come to Madison Square Garden to lose in front of hostile fans.

I can see James Dolan and Donnie Walsh heading out to court Mike D'antoni that fateful summer...

We flew for 4 hours then we hit the spot
        Phoenix was bumping and the weather was hot
        This dude was staring like he knows who we are
        We took the empty spot next to him at the bar
        Dolan said, "Yipp'e Yo...You know this kid?"
        Donnie said, "I didnt....(but I know he did)"
        The kid said, "Get ready, cuz this aint funny!
        My names Mike D'antoni and I'm about to get money!"
        Pulls out the contract, aims it at the sky
        He yells, "SIGNING BONUS!" and Dolan cried
        Prices went up and players hit the floor
        He benched Eddie Curry, that ran for the door
        "I'm Mike D and I get respect
        Your tats and your jewelry are what I expect!"
        Donnie Walsh was with it, and he's my ace
        So he sat Starbury and put him in his place
        Starbury's out, the losing's stopped
        Isiah had beef and he got dropped
        Mike D grabbed the money, Walsh grabbed the gold
        Dolan grabbed two girlies and a beer that's cold

*backwards cymbal crash* and everyone on CUF is rhymin' and stealin'..
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Guys, this isn't D'Antoni. If you and I know that the Knicks are salary cap-strapped, D'Antoni does, too. He isnt going to leave the Phoenix Suns to come coach the Knicks unless there is a 5-year plan and lots of conversations about personnel. And if you are an incoming coach for the Knicks, the first player you talk about on that roster is the salary cap glutton.

Once the Knicks decided to give Isiah all the Red Lobster time he desires, it was only a matter of time before they got rid of Starbury, as well. He is a cancer everywhere he goes and really has never made any team significantly better, at least not in the playoffs. He should have spent less time being Mr SexTruck and more time working on his shooting and watching game film.

My guess is that the Knicks were relieved to find a coach that runs a fan-friendly offense that was willing to come to Madison Square Garden to lose in front of hostile fans.

I can see James Dolan and Donnie Walsh heading out to court Mike D'antoni that fateful summer...

Anybody who can wrap Basketball into Paul Revere is now my hero. I worship at the alter of DDD.

Love Paul Revere. I would sing it in the shower on my mission, with the rest of License to Ill, so that I wouldn't forget the lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
            Anybody who can wrap Basketball into Paul Revere is now my hero. I worship at the alter of DDD.

Love Paul Revere. I would sing it in the shower on my mission, with the rest of License to Ill, so that I wouldn't forget the lyrics.

I was going to do "My MikeDidas" as an homage to Run DMC
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Stephen A. Smith on ESPN was saying that the Knicks will have enough to offer two max deals to LeBron and or D'Wade, Bosh etc...in 2010.
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

I was going to do "My MikeDidas" as an homage to Run DMC
                No need. I don't think you could have done any better than Paul Revere. Fit perfectly.

Comment

I agree with Sizzle. That's a masterpiece. Which one of your soda running gophers did you have write that for you?
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Getting more interesting:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281121015

Marbury refused to play last night.

Comment

Working...
                    X