No announcement yet.

Polls -- Week 8 (Utah is #9 in Coaches)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls -- Week 8 (Utah is #9 in Coaches)

USA Today:

1. Oregon
    2. Boise St.
    3. Oklahoma
    4. TCU
    5. Auburn
    6. LSU
    7. Alabama
    8. Michigan St.
    9. Utah
    10. Ohio St.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/polls?poll=3

Heads would roll in the eastern U.S. if Oregon v. Boise were the NC game. How great is the TCU-Utah game shaping up to be?

Originally posted by scottie View Post
    USA Today:

1. Oregon
    2. Boise St.
    3. Oklahoma
    4. TCU
    5. Auburn
    6. LSU
    7. Alabama
    8. Michigan St.
    9. Utah
    10. Ohio St.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/polls?poll=3

Heads would roll in the eastern U.S. if Oregon v. Boise were the NC game. How great is the TCU-Utah game shaping up to be?

Well, for Ute fans, this is good and bad news. Bad news first: We got jumped by Michigan State. Good news, we moved up one spot with a less than impressive showing vs. a bad team.

I'd love to see Utah move get to 7 before playing TCU. I don't think that's going to happen unless there are som major upsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
      Well, for Ute fans, this is good and bad news. Bad news first: We got jumped by Michigan State. Good news, we moved up one spot with a less than impressive showing vs. a bad team.

I'd love to see Utah move get to 7 before playing TCU. I don't think that's going to happen unless there are som major upsets.
      Well, LSU is at Auburn this week. There's Utah moving from 9 to 8.

Other potential opportunities to move up before November 6th:

OU @ Mizzou; Michigan St @ Iowa; Oregon @ USC.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

For the sake of sanity for the game, I hope there ends up being two undefeated teams amongst the PAC10 (Oregon), BIG10 (Michigan St.), and SEC (Auburn) -- I omitted the BIG 12 (OU) and LSU because they ain't scaring anybody (sorry Babs) -- because a 1-loss teaming playing in the NC game over Boise/TCU will be a crying-fucking-shame; I could sleep at night with two of the above undefeateds playing, but not a 1-losser over Boise/TCU.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          Well, LSU is at Auburn this week. There's Utah moving from 9 to 8.

Other potential opportunities to move up before November 6th:

OU @ Mizzou; Michigan St @ Iowa; Oregon @ USC.
          If Mizzou beats OU, they'll sail right past us.

I think our best deal there is Michigan State loses to Iowa.

I don't really relish the thought of Oregon losing to USC. Boise at #1? I'll pass.

Ulimately, the Utes aren't getting into the BCS championship game. That being said, I don't want Boise playing in it. Someone's gotta stay strong at the top. I think Oregon is for real.

I don't think Auburn is a well rounded team. I think they will eventually lose, at least when they play Bama. I wonder if a 1 loss Bama team plays in the BCS championship ahead of Boise. I'd think so. They are defending "champs". They are from the SEC. They are still hanging around in the top of the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
            For the sake of sanity for the game, I hope there ends up being two undefeated teams amongst the PAC10 (Oregon), BIG10 (Michigan St.), and SEC (Auburn) -- I omitted the BIG 12 (OU) and LSU because they ain't scaring anybody (sorry Babs) -- because a 1-loss teaming playing in the NC game over Boise/TCU will be a crying-fucking-shame; I could sleep at night with two of the above undefeateds playing, but not a 1-losser over Boise/TCU.
            It could very well happen that Bama plays in the BCS championship game ahead of Boise. In fact, if Bama and Oregon win out and the Big 12 or Big 10 doesn't produce an undefeated team, I would bet you'd see Oregon finish the season ranked #1 in the BCS standings and Bama at #2. If TCU beats Utah, they'd jump Boise. I think if Utah wins out in this scenario, they'd jump Boise, too.

A LOT of football to be played.

Comment

If Mizzou beats OU, they'll sail right past us.

I think our best deal there is Michigan State loses to Iowa.

I don't really relish the thought of Oregon losing to USC. Boise at #1? I'll pass.

Ulimately, the Utes aren't getting into the BCS championship game. That being said, I don't want Boise playing in it. Someone's gotta stay strong at the top. I think Oregon is for real.

I don't think Auburn is a well rounded team. I think they will eventually lose, at least when they play Bama. I wonder if a 1 loss Bama team plays in the BCS championship ahead of Boise. I'd think so. They are defending "champs". They are from the SEC. They are still hanging around in the top of the rankings.
              Honest question -- does Boise beating Oregon in 2008 and 2009 mean anything? Sure this is a different season, but where teams are ranked at the start of the season is almost completely dependent upon the combo of previous success + returning starters. From what I understand, Boise has 21 of 22 starters from last year's team (the one that beat Oregon and TCU). Can that success and # of returning starters AND current performance be unreasonably diminished anymore than by saying "Boise at #1? I'll pass." and "...I don't want Boise playing in it. Someone's gotta stay strong at the top. I think Oregon is for real."?

Comment

AP is the same as Coaches except they have Wisconsin at #10: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/polls?poll=1

Comment

Working...
                X