Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaky Smithson, my all-time favorite Ute

Posted on Chris Ello's Facebook page by Antoine Smithson:

"I've played BYU multiple times and I've NEVER heard any racist comments from their fans or players. You're full of LIES, bro."

That's big time.

Thanks Shaky. Tip of the hat to you Utes for having a star player with some balls and the character to step up and defend his rivals from false charges.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post

"I've played BYU multiple times and I've NEVER heard any racist comments from their fans or players. You're full of LIES, bro."

That's big time.

Thanks Shaky. Tip of the hat to you Utes for having a star player with some balls and the character to step up and defend his rivals from false charges.
    Wow. Shaky winning some serious points there in the eyes of Coug fans.

Comment

Shaky's a great story. I am glad to see success follow someone as humble and down to earth as he.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        Shaky's a great story. I am glad to see success follow someone as humble and down to earth as he.
        What is the story? I've read a few people saying he's a great story and I keep meaning to ask.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

No doubt - I might even give him a golf clap if he scores on the Cougs. I probably won't, but I might.
          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

Uploaded a screen grab for reference, for those that don't want to sign in to see it yourselves.

My personal favorite was Jan's comments, followed by somebody suggesting he set up a cage match with Jan. I'm all for that.

PS, here is a link to the guys blog where he compares Provo to Birmingham, AL in the 1960s in regards to the way that African Americans are treated.

http://619sports.blogspot.com/2009/0...rsday-feb.html
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
              What is the story? I've read a few people saying he's a great story and I keep meaning to ask.

CJF here ya go http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...smithson_N.htm
              Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                Here you go

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...son/index.html
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

He just won himself a bevy of fans in Cougartown. He didn't need to step in and he wasn't asked to step in but he did to make sure the truth was told. I'm proud of that young man.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                    He just won himself a bevy of fans in Cougartown. He didn't need to step in and he wasn't asked to step in but he did to make sure the truth was told. I'm proud of that young man.
                    Word.

Chrissy Ello couldn't handle the truth though - he took it down.
                    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

Word.

Chrissy Ello couldn't handle the truth though - he took it down.
                      Definitely glad I grabbed a screen shot then.

He got pwned!

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                        Uploaded a screen grab for reference, for those that don't want to sign in to see it yourselves.

My personal favorite was Jan's comments, followed by somebody suggesting he set up a cage match with Jan. I'm all for that.

PS, here is a link to the guys blog where he compares Provo to Birmingham, AL in the 1960s in regards to the way that African Americans are treated.

http://619sports.blogspot.com/2009/0...rsday-feb.html
                        Hey, some dude there stole oxcoug's avatar!

Comment

That's big time.

That is cool. Thanks Shaky.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            Hey, some dude there stole oxcoug's avatar!
                            Yeah and he's gonna pay.
                            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

Impressive. Sounds like a great kid. I'm surprised I didn't know anything about this. I still stay pretty connected to a lot of things Highland. Thanks to both you and ox for linking those stories.
                              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                              X