Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BYU employee about to become the subject of a witch hunt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU employee about to become the subject of a witch hunt...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...taffers-suspe/

This could get ugly for Chad Bunn in the next few days. I feel bad for the guy, as I seriously doubt there was anything malicious going on in the booth.

the fact that he has nothing to do with calling replays proves that the MWC really had no reason to suspend him other than to make BYU look guilty in some aspect.

Comment

I would assume Bunn was there just for the technical part not to assist in reviewing the play. I hadn't really been paying attention to this but I thought there was a premature whistle thus ending the play no matter who came up with the ball.

How old is Bunn? We may have been in the same mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        I would assume Bunn was there just for the technical part not to assist in reviewing the play. I hadn't really been paying attention to this but I thought there was a premature whistle thus ending the play no matter who came up with the ball.

How old is Bunn? We may have been in the same mission.
        http://www.byucougars.com/StaffProfile.jsp?ID=20

Comment

Close to the right age, but wrong mission. He must have a brother about the same age, because he looks pretty much what I would expect the other Elder Bunn 20 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            the fact that he has nothing to do with calling replays proves that the MWC really had no reason to suspend him other than to make BYU look guilty in some aspect.
            Pretty much.

Jay Drew broke it down this morning on Twitter.

The three guys are the Replay Official (Deli owner from Reno), Technician (Bunn), and Communicator (unnamed suspended guy).

The technician gives all the video to the replay official and it's already been confirmed that the replay official had all of the video to make the correct call.

Coincidentally they have also pulled Bunn and the communicator from working the BYU-Wyo game.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

How is it a 'Witch Hunt' if everyone knows who was sitting in the broom closet?

Comment

Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                How is it a 'Witch Hunt' if everyone knows who was sitting in the broom closet?
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm.....no wonder BYU wanted the amazing technicolor HD truck.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    Hmmm.....no wonder BYU wanted the amazing technicolor HD truck.
                    And maybe there's more to ESPN and UofTexas being interested in our production capabilities than we previously thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      :noob:

Comment

Seriously. This is stupid. The guy does nothing but set up the feeds, and has no authority or input on real-time reffing decisions and they throw him under the bus like that??

Hair Thompson and the MWC can shove it..

Comment

Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                          :noob:
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shoganai View Post
                            And maybe there's more to ESPN and UofTexas being interested in our production capabilities than we previously thought...
                            Another great point.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

This is just one more example of why the MWC without Utah is too hostile of an environment for BYU. Utah has always backed BYU in the conference and their combined clout leveled the field. With Utah leaving, BYU could not have stayed in the conference. BYU would be the revenue driver but the other schools would continue to treat them like shit. I don't think independence was a good idea but I understand there weren't other options so I support it. If only BYU and the Pac-10 had been willing to play nice but I understand the dislike was mutual.

Comment

Working...
                              X