Week 6 Open Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 Open Thread

Nebraska is good. Martinez is only a freshman and he is going to go crazy in the big10+2 next year.

BTW, Troy, UCF and now Nebraska have all blown out their competition as weekday games this week.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

It will be interesting to see how many undefeated teams there are at the end of the season this year. I know losses will happen but here is my impression thus far: The SEC is down and it doesn't look like anyone is going to stop Alabama. Nebraska has played a couple of bad games this year but the Big-12 isn't that great. Same with Oklahoma. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an undefeated Nebraska and Oklahoma meeting meeting in the Big-12 championship. Oregon looks above and beyond any other team in the PAC-10. In all likeliness most of these teams will lose a game. But disparity between top teams right now appears huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
      Nebraska is good. Martinez is only a freshman and he is going to go crazy in the big10+2 next year.

BTW, Troy, UCF and now Nebraska have all blown out their competition as weekday games this week.
      I am not sold on Nebraska.

Anyway, odd man out former starting QB Zac Lee is Jenna Lee's of FoxNews little bro. This really isn't important, but I love Jenna Lee.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        I am not sold on Nebraska.

Anyway, odd man out former starting QB Zac Lee is Jenna Lee's of FoxNews little bro. This really isn't important, but I love Jenna Lee.
        Nebraska is very good.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          Nebraska is very good.
          Who have they played?

Western Kentucky
          Idaho
          Washington
          South Dakota st.
          Kansas St.

Pretty hard to tell how good they are. I do know that they lead the nation in fumbles.
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Who have they played?

Western Kentucky
            Idaho
            Washington
            South Dakota st.
            Kansas St.

Pretty hard to tell how good they are. I do know that they lead the nation in fumbles.
            Competition has been fairly weak but I have watched them play against UW and KSU. It isn't like I am reading box scores and making a statement.

I had a conversation with an ex Nebraska player today and I said to him that Boise's schedule is shaping up to be more difficult than Nebraska's. He about had an aneurysm.

Weak schedule aside, UN's secondary is legit and their front seven are getting better every week. Do I think that they are the best team in the country? No. Are they the best in a soft Big 12? I think so. I certainly think that their defense will prove to be the best in the conference. Are they a top ten team? I think so. We will see.

Comment

Competition has been fairly weak but I have watched them play against UW and KSU. It isn't like I am reading box scores and making a statement.

I had a conversation with an ex Nebraska player today and I said to him that Boise's schedule is shaping up to be more difficult than Nebraska's. He about had an aneurysm.

Weak schedule aside, UN's secondary is legit and their front seven are getting better every week. Do I think that they are the best team in the country? No. Are they the best in a soft Big 12? I think so. I certainly think that their defense will prove to be the best in the conference. Are they a top ten team? I think so. We will see.
              Nebraska will not win the Big 12. That's my bold prediction.
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Nebraska will not win the Big 12. That's my bold prediction.
                We will see. You like Oklahoma? Oklahoma State? Mizzou? I like Nebraska's chances against any of those schools.

Comment

Nebraska is very good.
                  I said I am not sold. Doesn't mean they aren't or can't be very good, but like Junkie alluded to, when they get into the meatier conference games then I'll make a judgment.

The biggest thing with Nebraska is whether they can throw the ball effectively enough to come from behind when they're down and short on time.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

I said I am not sold. Doesn't mean they aren't or can't be very good, but like Junkie alluded to, when they get into the meatier conference games then I'll make a judgment.

The biggest thing with Nebraska is whether they can throw the ball effectively enough to come from behind when they're down and short on time.
                    who do you think will win the big 12?

Comment

We will see. You like Oklahoma? Oklahoma State? Mizzou? I like Nebraska's chances against any of those schools.
                      I think the Big 12 is wide open. I think virtually any team can beat another in that conference. I think Oklahoma is the best team if I had to choose. They have played legit teams at least. I think it will be Nebraska and OU in the conference final with OU winning.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the Big 12 is wide open. I think virtually any team can beat another in that conference. I think Oklahoma is the best team if I had to choose. They have played legit teams at least. I think it will be Nebraska and OU in the conference final with OU winning.
                        Pretty much consensus in these parts. Nebraska still has two dangerous road games at Oklahoma State and Texas A&M. OSU can score points with anyone, and A&M's defense is significantly improved. Minus turnovers against OSU, Aggies win that game.

Oklahoma also has to go to OSU. Baylor is a huge wild-card at this point, and could be 7-1 heading into the season-ending gauntlet of at Texas, at OSU, vs. Texas A&M, vs. Oklahoma. They will spoil someone's Big 12 South hopes by winning at least one of those games.

Good team with most favorable schedule: Oklahoma State (gets Nebraska, Oklahoma and Baylor at home, goes to Texas)

Good team with least favorable schedule: Oklahoma (roadies left to Missouri, OSU, A&M and Baylor)

Team in for a huge fall: Kansas State. Could easily be underdogs in its next six games.

Team on the rise: Baylor. Bears get to 7 wins and a bowl this year.

But you're right -- outside of Kansas, any Big 12 team is capable of defending its home turf against anyone in the league.
                        Last edited by Top Ute; 10-08-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Ute View Post

But you're right -- outside of Kansas, any Big 12 team is capable of defending its home turf against anyone in the league.
                          Except KSU defending its home versus Nebraska. They didn't seem too capable last night.

Comment

Except KSU defending its home versus Nebraska. They didn't seem too capable last night.
                            You'll get games like that. You'll get a few upsets, too. ISU-Tech last week was totally out of the blue. I was surprised K-State didn't put up a better fight, especially coming off a bye.

Comment

Carta-Samuels out for the TCU game. Concussion. Prepare for the Wild Crum frogs.
                              There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                              Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
                              And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Working...
                              X