Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you watch when things are bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you watch when things are bad?

So far this season, I've only been able to watch two BYU games live because of various factors. However, I'm one of those guys who doesn't want to know anything about the game because I'm still going to watch the whole thing and don't want it to be spoiled. And even if it does get spoiled somehow, I still watch the whole thing, good or bad.

A good example was this weekend. I didn't get to see the game live on Friday, and before I went home to watch the game, someone said to me, "No, believe me, you don't want to watch that game." Then when I got home, my wife started complaining to me about how I was going to stay up half the night watching a miserable game. So yes, I had plenty of spoilers, and yes, I still watched every dadgum play of the game. And I'm pretty sure I will do the same for every other game this year, although I will continue to avoid spoilers whenever necessary.

I've seen a few people here basically say that they won't be watching much more of BYU this season, and it's obvious that many others with tickets to the games will stay home or find something else to do. Now, I'm not calling anyone out for that type of attitude. On the contrary, I'm wondering if there is something wrong with me for continuing to watch the carnage unfold when others are opting for more pleasant "entertainment".

Anyway, I don't know who is right or wrong, but I'm interested in how much you're committed to watching BYU or another team, especially when things go south. Have you reached your limit already? Are you waiting for a loss to New Mexico before you re-program the DVR? Are you a loyal watcher to the end? Or are you more interested in the quality of the firesides?

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
    So far this season, I've only been able to watch two BYU games live because of various factors. However, I'm one of those guys who doesn't want to know anything about the game because I'm still going to watch the whole thing and don't want it to be spoiled. And even if it does get spoiled somehow, I still watch the whole thing, good or bad.

A good example was this weekend. I didn't get to see the game live on Friday, and before I went home to watch the game, someone said to me, "No, believe me, you don't want to watch that game." Then when I got home, my wife started complaining to me about how I was going to stay up half the night watching a miserable game. So yes, I had plenty of spoilers, and yes, I still watched every dadgum play of the game. And I'm pretty sure I will do the same for every other game this year, although I will continue to avoid spoilers whenever necessary.

I've seen a few people here basically say that they won't be watching much more of BYU this season, and it's obvious that many others with tickets to the games will stay home or find something else to do. Now, I'm not calling anyone out for that type of attitude. On the contrary, I'm wondering if there is something wrong with me for continuing to watch the carnage unfold when others are opting for more pleasant "entertainment".

Anyway, I don't know who is right or wrong, but I'm interested in how much you're committed to watching BYU or another team, especially when things go south. Have you reached your limit already? Are you waiting for a loss to New Mexico before you re-program the DVR? Are you a loyal watcher to the end? Or are you more interested in the quality of the firesides?
    This is the first season that I have not had the MTN. It may be a blessing.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I've watch all games except the one on the Mtn.. And Friday night was up till 1 Am watching that pathetic performance (Man was that a waste..)..

Comment

I still watch.

And I will be there this weekend.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I DVR it and then blitz through it really fast if it heads south. The TCU game will take me 15 to 20 minutes to watch.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I attend in person. Then I go home and watch and rewatch throughout the week.

Then I send emails to Bronco telling him what needs to be fixed.
            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              I still watch.

And I will be there this weekend.
              I will be driving 4 hours each way next Saturday to see the epic beatdown at the hands of TCU.

And I drove 10 each way to Tallahassee. I guess I could use the excuse that I just wanted to see Chief Osceola in person.

Comment

I have tivo'd all the games and gone golfing. I have made it home in time to see all of the second half of each game and haven't bothered watching the first half. Except the Wa. game. I saw all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  I attend in person. Then I go home and watch and rewatch throughout the week.

Then I send emails to Bronco telling him what needs to be fixed.
                  Does he reply?

My ADR6300 is having unauthorized sleepovers.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    Does he reply?

My ADR6300 is having unauthorized sleepovers.
                    Not yet, but I am still holding out hope. Especially with a job opening up. Hopefully he will see my potential.
                    *Banned*

Comment

If I get them, I watch to the bitter end. Even on justin.tv
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        I DVR it and then blitz through it really fast if it heads south. The TCU game will take me 15 to 20 minutes to watch.
                        This.

Comment

I watch them all. I watched every game that was on TV during the Crowten era. I will admit that after getting home from Tallahassee, I deleted the game on the DVR without watching it.

Comment

If it's on t.v. I will watch it. I will always watch no matter how bad it gets. But I'm a terrible person to watch with if you like sitting next to somebody who gives off any kind of positive vibes. OrangeUte always watches the games with us and has told me several times that he's got more faith in the Cougs than I do.

Comment

Thinking about not going to Saturday's game. It might kill me to watch them again lose to a crappy team. It might be easier at home where I can curse to my heart's content.

And there's a family I home teach who would REALLY like to go. A couple kids who've never been to a game. And one of my sons can't go - some school thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X