Official Sitake for BYU DC Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Sitake for BYU DC Thread

That would be nice. However, despite it being a long shot, I don't think it would happen until the end of the season anyway.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      Isn't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        Keep dreaming.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I don't see it happening, he has it good at Utah. Sitake would be a boon for recruiting but how much is he really DC? May or may not be true but the impression I get is that he still has the training wheels on and Whit is heavily involved in the D.

Comment

Especially if Utah finishes the season ranked, Whit will give Sitake a pay raise, maybe a contract extension, and the Utah staff will remain mostly intact for their first season in the PAC-12.

I'm not worried about him leaving.
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              Especially if Utah finishes the season ranked, Whit will give Sitake a pay raise, maybe a contract extension, and the Utah staff will remain mostly intact for their first season in the PAC-12.

I'm not worried about him leaving.
              Oooh! But there are whisper campaigns beginning on Cougarboard that Sitake would leave for BYU in a Payson minute!

Comment

I don't want him. He is a figure head for Whits defense. He would not bring much to BYU in regards to developing his own schemes he has also only been coaching on the defensive side of the ball for a few years.

He would help with recruiting but thats about it.
                *Banned*

Comment

So who, then?
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    So who, then?
                    I'd be interested in hearing who cj thinks ought to replace Hill, then.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      I don't want him. He is a figure head for Whits defense. He would not bring much to BYU in regards to developing his own schemes he has also only been coaching on the defensive side of the ball for a few years.

He would help with recruiting but thats about it.
                      I agree with this he is a good up and coming assistant who will grow nicely. You guys need someone more established with their own identity.

Sitake got the promotion to keep him from following Anderson to USU

My ADR6300 is enjoying the bye week.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                        I'd be interested in hearing who cj thinks ought to replace Hill, then.
                        Good question. Rocky Long comes to mind but I do not think Bronco wants to run a 3-3-5 any longer he is also much more conservative than Rocky so that may not be a good fit.

Obviously their is a reason Kaufusi has never been talked about as a DC so he is out.

In a perfect world we go out and convince Dave Campo to embrace his mormon roots. But I do not see that happening.
                        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                          I agree with this he is a good up and coming assistant who will grow nicely. You guys need someone more established with their own identity.

Sitake got the promotion to keep him from following Anderson to USU

My ADR6300 is enjoying the bye week.
                          I think Sitake has the potential to be very good but right now I do not feel like he is a great fit for BYU.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            In a perfect world we go out and convince Dave Campo to embrace his mormon roots. But I do not see that happening.

I was just looking at what Campo was up to, just to see if it was possible. Retired in Texas. Would take some coin to pull him to Provo.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              I was just looking at what Campo was up to, just to see if it was possible. Retired in Texas. Would take some coin to pull him to Provo.
                              He is still the Cowboys secondary coach. So you would think DC would be an upgrade but he has not coached in college since the early 80s. Recruiting and things like that may not interest him.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                              X