Hill Fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill Fired

What's wrong with this board? Why am I hearing this first in the D-News?

http://www.deseretnews.com/mobile/ar...teps-down.html

Wow. And the heads start to roll.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Wow! Bronco asserting some authority.

Comment

Bout time.

Comment

Props to Bronco for doing something.

Comment

Answered prayer.

Thank you Jebus.

Comment

Well now. I may hold off on burning my BYU gear yet. I am not kidding when I say I had planned a bonfire tonight.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Wow! Great news. I am not sure why Hill was chosen over Anae, however, unless it's just because Bronco can take over for Hill. Surely Doman or Reynolds could fill in for Anae though. The defense really hasn't been nearly as bad as the offense this year.

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
                  Wow! Great news. I am not sure why Hill was chosen over Anae, however, unless it's just because Bronco can take over for Hill. Surely Doman or Reynolds could fill in for Anae though. The defense really hasn't been nearly as bad as the offense this year.
                  Agreed.

Comment

A little late IMO.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

That may be emotionally satisfying for fans but it does nothing to make BYU's defense any better this year, I predict. I think it rarely makes sense to do this sort of think mid season, rarely works and is a desperation move.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                        A little late IMO.
                        Better late than never. I'm really surprised by this, but I'm very happy. Mostly based on how long you've been telling us how bad Hill is. I had no idea if it was our personnel or our coach. I'm hoping the personnel isn't also to blame, though I suspect it is.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                          That may be emotionally satisfying for fans but it does nothing to make BYU's defense any better this year, I predict. I think it rarely makes sense to do this sort of think mid season, rarely works and is a desperation move.
                          Uh...we're sort of desperate.

EDIT: Seriously, I think this is the kind of thing that may shake things up a bit--which is what we desperately need. Certainly not a surefire solution, but he wasn't going to be come back next year, so you might as well do something and hope to put a fire under some people.
                          Last edited by ERCougar; 10-02-2010, 12:15 PM.
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Better late than never. I'm really surprised by this, but I'm very happy. Mostly based on how long you've been telling us how bad Hill is. I had no idea if it was our personnel or our coach. I'm hoping the personnel isn't also to blame, though I suspect it is.
                            Hill was the low hanging fruit it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              I don't know. If, as we all suspect, Hill simply was not preparing his guys or coming up with a decent scheme, that seems like something that can be corrected (or improved) mid-season. I'm not talking about a giant change, just noticeable improvement.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X