Biggest disappointment so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest disappointment so far?

For me it's got to be McKay Jacobsen. I really thought he'd step us as a leader and go-to guy. Pathetic.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Someone needs to teach him about RAC. I swear he catches the ball and then falls down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      Someone needs to teach him about RAC. I swear he catches the ball and then falls down.
      Maybe if there was hitting in practice ...
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

WR's as a whole.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          Actually, he usually begins his falling-down process as he's catching the ball.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I'm dissapointed in the defensive backfield. They were supposed to be the strength of the defense. I can't remember the last time BYU got a coverage sack.
            "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
            —Abraham Maslow

Comment

McKay Jacobson has been awful.

The thing that is scaring me right now is realizing that BYU had its best WR ever, probably its best TE ever and one of its best two RBs ever for the past 2-3 years prior to this season. Max Hall is also going to be starting for an NFL team by the end of this year. John Beck was spectacular his last year and he had Brown as a senior at RB along with Harline. I'm beginning to worry that the previous four seasons owed their success to an uncommon accumulation of offensive talent.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Tight ends. We have never been so stacked with apparent talent at that position. Not a single one of them has been worth a damn so far. And youthful tight ends have rarely been a problem for us in the past...

Comment

Run defense by far. By my count we're giving up 262 yards per game. That is abysmal. Yes we've played juggernauts like AFA, UNR and USU but it seems like the other team is always in 2nd and 3rd and short and when we do happen to force a 3rd and long give up a long rush to convert the first down. Rich is trying to do too much and has paid the price. If I were the coach I'd put Logan, Eason and Bradley and whoever is the other back up cb is (Buckner? whats happened to him?) on an island and commit the other 7 guys to stop the run.

Comment

The coaches, and it's not close. Neither the offense nor the defense has changed at all to accommodate any of the players. Well, except for Riley effing Nelson, but that's the opposite of good.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                      McKay Jacobson has been awful.

The thing that is scaring me right now is realizing that BYU had its best WR ever, probably its best TE ever and one of its best two RBs ever for the past 2-3 years prior to this season. Max Hall is also going to be starting for an NFL team by the end of this year. John Beck was spectacular his last year and he had Brown as a senior at RB along with Harline. I'm beginning to worry that the previous four seasons owed their success to an uncommon accumulation of offensive talent.
                      Thats exactly what I've been saying. Bronco has had the benefit of some of byu's best players in a generation, if not their history. Now that the talent is back to an average level we're seeing the real results.

It does make me wonder what's going on with all those February Championships though.

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                        I'm dissapointed in the defensive backfield. They were supposed to be the strength of the defense. I can't remember the last time BYU got a coverage sack.
                        Nobody has a chance to get a sack
                        Because our run defense is so terrible. Why bother throwing when you can run right over us.

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
                          The coaches, and it's not close. Neither the offense nor the defense has changed at all to accommodate any of the players. Well, except for Riley effing Nelson, but that's the opposite of good.
                          With so many different parts of the team struggling, you are dead on, it has to be the coaches.
                          "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

Jacobson lead in receptions last night (with 8) but I would agree he didn't do well with the RAC. I would harp more on the guys dropping the damn ball, however.

The biggest disappointment to me is the tackling. A lot of the time the look like a middle school team with the arm tackling, no wrapping, putting the head down (think Andrew Rich) and other absolutely awful technique. Nevada and USU ran all over them because they can't tackle. Is is no wonder Hill was let go.
                            Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-02-2010, 01:25 PM.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                            X