Judge Walker resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge Walker resigns

THis was just sent around via e-mail from the northern district of California USDC about Judge V. Walker, who was the judge that presided over the prop 8 trial:

September 29, 2010

Contact: Rich Wieking, Clerk of Court, United States District Court for the Northern District of California, (415)522-4051.

SAN FRANCISCO ---- The United States District Court for the Northern District of California announces today that Chief Judge Vaughn R. Walker will step down as chief judge effective December 31, 2010. Also, Chief Judge Walker notified President Obama by letter today that he will leave the court in February 2011.

Chief Judge Walker has been a United States District Judge since February 5, 1990 and has served as chief judge of the court since September 1, 2004. Before becoming a federal judge, Chief Judge Walker was a litigation partner at the firm now known as Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP. Upon leaving the federal bench, Chief Judge Walker plans to return to the private sector.

In his letter to the President, Chief Judge Walker said: “Concluding twenty-one years of judicial service, I leave the bench with the highest respect and regard for the federal judiciary, its judges and their staff and the essential role they fulfill in our constitutional system.”
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

What do you make of that?
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Interesting. I have a case (sort of) before Judge Walker. I wonder how this will affect that.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        He's got his pension, he's off to make tons more money as a private arbitrator/mediator. His notoriety from the Prop 8 case is going to cause him to be in high demand.
        If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if JAMS, AAA, or Judicate West approached him with some very persuasive numbers.
          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

A pure guess at this point is that his popularity is pretty high at this point in certain places and he was offered a very lucrative position at some firm and he decided to get off the bench to make some real coin for a while.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I make of it that he wants to make more than the $174,000 that federal district court judges make.

Plus, he's done his work.

But it would be unfortunate if the case gets remanded somehow . . .

Comment

Too bad he didn't retire last year before he spat on the constitution.

Comment

He is retiring? Reagan's shadow is dimming.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                    He is retiring? Reagan's shadow is dimming.
                    Always darkest before the dawn.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                    X