Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down Syndrome Football Player Scores TD

[YOUTUBE]Jb_4f5nXZdA[/YOUTUBE]
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Wow, that team tackles like BYU.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

This reminds me of something. I never saw a Down Syndrome child once on my mission in Russia. I wonder what they do with all of them.
      That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
        This reminds me of something. I never saw a Down Syndrome child once on my mission in Russia. I wonder what they do with all of them.
        Strange.

I don't ever recall Down's Syndrome kids in Spain, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
          Strange.

I think it's a combination of abortion (including late-term abortion) and sending them off to special places to live.

Comment

I think it's a combination of abortion (including late-term abortion) and sending them off to special places to live.
            I actually read an article that the incidence of Down's Syndrome has changed from 1 in about 500 to 1 in 1000 in Spain. Mostly due to abortions following pre-natal testing.

You might be right about sending them to special places to live. I have no idea on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
              Strange.

I recall two of them. I remember because both times they were at least 40 and they would accompany their father (long jubilado) to his favorite bench every day. I saw it in two different areas.
              Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

I saw a bunch of Down's kids in orphanages in Ukraine and Belarus. You're right -- I think they were generally institutionalized.

Comment

We lived with a family in my last area in Uruguay that had a Down's son - he was definitely one of the most memorable people I met on my mission.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    Wow, that team tackles like BYU.
                    I thought they showed more hustle.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      I thought they showed more hustle.
                      Yeah, that was a cheap shot. But I'm not apologizing.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-272803

Here is a story to go with the YouTube. I spend a lot of my summer in Snohomish and Lake Stevens, I would like to feel that my presence has rubbed off on the good people there.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

You know, this has already been done several times. Stop with the transparent attempts to get on the ESPYs.
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Did the touchdown count? If it did, then that's the best trick play I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                              You know, this has already been done several times. Stop with the transparent attempts to get on the ESPYs.
                              I agree, people should stop doing nice things for folks who are disadvantaged.
                              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X