Technology in Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technology in Football

Why doesn't the NCAA place a device in the ball that will alert officials the exact time the ball crosses the plane, which is synced with the clock displaying next to the review screen? This might also work for first downs, etc...
    "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
    Why doesn't the NCAA place a device in the ball that will alert officials the exact time the ball crosses the plane, which is synced with the clock displaying next to the review screen? This might also work for first downs, etc...
    Cost is probably the main reason. With how many footballs are used in an average game, making sure the equipment works, etc and the fact that most of the time they get it right, I don't think the benefit outweighs the cost, especially with the benefit of replay.

Comment

It's just a matter of time. I read an article on gizmodo about chipped soccer balls, apparently there are leagues already doing it. I would be surprised if it wasn't used in the next world cup, with other sports to follow.

Comment

They should also use robots for players so they don't screw up anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          They should also use robots for players so they don't screw up anymore.
          LOL

Coach pwned this thread.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Working...
          X