The Denard Robinson Heisman watch thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Denard Robinson Heisman watch thread

Anybody else see that TD run just now? 47 yards on a 3rd and 1 that looked to be blown up at the LoS.

4/4 for 60 yards, 4 rushes for 82 and 2 TDs in the first 5:32 of the game.

Originally posted by woot View Post
    Anybody else see that TD run just now? 47 yards on a 3rd and 1 that looked to be blown up at the LoS.

That was sick. That had him completely strung out - he was done. Well, I guess not.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Yeah, that kid is at least as fast as I am. Probably a little more.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Uh oh. Down on the sidelines now.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
          Uh oh. Down on the sidelines now.
          The way he went down I'd guess just a knee bruise, but perhaps a severe one. I didn't see anything to suggest any ligaments are at risk, but he really went down hard on it. Seems like he might not need to come back in anyway, particularly since the backup QB was originally suggested to be even more athletic than DRob.

Comment

Way to jinx him, you jerks.
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              Way to jinx him, you jerks.
              Nah it seems he's fine now. I would bet he gets back in when Michigan's D inevitably lets BGSU catch up, unless the offense keeping humming along with the backups.

Comment

I love the Heisman race, as it presents some fun drama regardless of how my favorite teams are doing. My picks after today:

1. Denard was stellar for about 9 mins, but this week hurts him a bit. Both of his backups did very well, which speaks to the poor competition and the system/surrounding talent, but he'll have every chance to stay on top if he has similar success in conference. I see RichRod continuing to work to keep DRob's carries down, and a lot will depend on whether the D can keep Michigan in games.

2. Kellen Moore was his usual efficient self against a pretty good D. He'll probably start to drop despite inevitably putting up big numbers against their soft schedule the rest of the year. They certainly need to win out for Moore to have any chance.

3. Pryor out-Denarded Denard today, with a very impressive game. 6 TDs and very efficient. He hasn't put up huge numbers so far this year, but he'll stay close to the top as long as OSU rolls, and a win against Michigan in November will make it hard to keep him behind DRob.

4. Mallett takes a hit, but he'll stay near the top if Arkansas wins out, by virtue of being the best pure passer on a BCS team (and maybe in all FBS). If Mallett's numbers for the season continue to be at least comparable to Moore's, it'll be hard to keep the former behind the latter.

Outside looking in:

Patrick Peterson returned a punt for a TD and blocked a field goal today, and is a very interesting candidate. I'm not sure if he has the ability to dominate the way Suh did last year, and being a DB, his chances will depend on making some flashy plays in big situations late in the year. I also see LSU losing a couple games in conference.

Luck struggled, but his team won, so today's performance doesn't hurt him too much. Either way I don't think he's a serious candidate at this point. Maybe next year.

Mark Ingram had another good game. He might get into the top 5 if Alabama rolls and the frontrunners struggle at all, but I don't know if he can make up for missing the first 2.5 games.

Comment

And that is what happened when I saw this thread...

Comment

I love the Heisman race, as it presents some fun drama regardless of how my favorite teams are doing. My picks after today:

1. Denard was stellar for about 9 mins, but this week hurts him a bit. Both of his backups did very well, which speaks to the poor competition and the system/surrounding talent, but he'll have every chance to stay on top if he has similar success in conference. I see RichRod continuing to work to keep DRob's carries down, and a lot will depend on whether the D can keep Michigan in games.

2. Kellen Moore was his usual efficient self against a pretty good D. He'll probably start to drop despite inevitably putting up big numbers against their soft schedule the rest of the year. They certainly need to win out for Moore to have any chance.

3. Pryor out-Denarded Denard today, with a very impressive game. 6 TDs and very efficient. He hasn't put up huge numbers so far this year, but he'll stay close to the top as long as OSU rolls, and a win against Michigan in November will make it hard to keep him behind DRob.

4. Mallett takes a hit, but he'll stay near the top if Arkansas wins out, by virtue of being the best pure passer on a BCS team (and maybe in all FBS). If Mallett's numbers for the season continue to be at least comparable to Moore's, it'll be hard to keep the former behind the latter.

Outside looking in:

Patrick Peterson returned a punt for a TD and blocked a field goal today, and is a very interesting candidate. I'm not sure if he has the ability to dominate the way Suh did last year, and being a DB, his chances will depend on making some flashy plays in big situations late in the year. I also see LSU losing a couple games in conference.

Luck struggled, but his team won, so today's performance doesn't hurt him too much. Either way I don't think he's a serious candidate at this point. Maybe next year.

Mark Ingram had another good game. He might get into the top 5 if Alabama rolls and the frontrunners struggle at all, but I don't know if he can make up for missing the first 2.5 games.
                    Good post. It will be interesting to see what USC does this year, but Matt Barkley has to be a serious candidate if they keep winning and he continues to play as well as he has. He's quietly played very well so far, but the schedule has been soft. Anytime a USC QB puts up numbers and wins games, he will always be a serious candidate.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      Good post. It will be interesting to see what USC does this year, but Matt Barkley has to be a serious candidate if they keep winning and he continues to play as well as he has. He's quietly played very well so far, but the schedule has been soft. Anytime a USC QB puts up numbers and wins games, he will always be a serious candidate.
                      I think a USC player could have 100 TDs and not be considered for a few years, something about the Heisman group seems like a collection of grudge holders.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

The way he went down I'd guess just a knee bruise, but perhaps a severe one. I didn't see anything to suggest any ligaments are at risk, but he really went down hard on it. Seems like he might not need to come back in anyway, particularly since the backup QB was originally suggested to be even more athletic than DRob.
                        Wow, that was a good call.
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Ok so a 72-yard TD run on his first carry, and then a 32-yard TD throw on the second drive. 3 carries for 105 and a TD, 2/2 for 49 and a TD. Similar numbers to last week when he got injured, in a similar period of time - about 9 minutes.

Comment

Michigan's D continues to suck, but Denard is up to 8/10 for 222 and 3, along with 9 carries for 154 and 1. His QB rating is 365.5 for the game. Granted, he's got some good receivers catching these balls for him.

Edit: and he's injured for the 4th game in a row. Might be the same knee bruise as last week. Luckily, Michigan's backup QBs are pretty good. They're sure missing their injured RB though, as Denard has taken a few hits this game and the backup RB isn't doing anything.
                            Last edited by woot; 10-02-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Denard leads them down the field in 40 seconds for a TD after Indiana tied it with under a minute to play.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                              X