Interesting trend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting trend

The two quarterbacks who have thrived under the Bronco/Anae offense only have one syllable in their first and last names (John Beck and Max Hall). The only multisyllabic named quarterbacks to have any significant amount of PT for a Bronco Mendenhall-led Cougar team were Jason Beck and Riley Nelson. Jason Beck was excellent in his one-game relief effort against Utah State, a team later to be led by Riley Nelson. The Riley Nelson experiment, not so much. Perhaps one can play well for Bronco with a multisyllabic first name, but it requires no more than one for the last name.

I think all Cougar fans are with me in hoping that Jake Heaps continues the success trend for monosyllabic named quarterbacks. By the end of the season I won't be a bit surprised to see some of the more dastardly Ute fans in an attempt to to jinx Jake begin a campaign to call him Jacob.

Lark and Munns just got a little happier.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

No offense, but I didn't find this to be very interesting.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Does anybody have a fatted calf to slaughter?
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

uh . . . uh . . . . uh . . . . uh . . .
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

HACK!
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

DDD!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                Does anybody have a fatted calf to slaughter?
                I think fatted calves are one of the Triple Dad famous phobias. Just below dwarf clowns but still above sitting water in a sink.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  I think fatted calves are one of the Triple Dad famous phobias. Just below dwarf clowns but still above sitting water in a sink.
                  Where does it rank vis a vis black runner toenails in exposed sandals?
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

So anyways, enough with this threadjack. Quarterbacks with only one syllable in their first and last names. Pretty cool, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      So anyways, enough with this threadjack. Quarterbacks with only one syllable in their first and last names. Pretty cool, huh?
                      You can call it the "Steve Young" law or theorem or whatever.

The Utes are stuck with the Mike Fouts syndrome.
                      "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                      -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

If Derek Anderson keeps playin poorly, Max Hall could face Alex Smith in a few weeks when SF plays AZ!
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                          Where does it rank vis a vis black runner toenails in exposed sandals?
                          Confession: I bruised my toe this summer and now I have one of those things. It grosses me out and is taking forever to go away. How long do they remain?

I figured since I have a toe bruise now, I might as well go the full mile and start wearing keens or tevas.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Confession: I bruised my toe this summer and now I have one of those things. It grosses me out and is taking forever to go away. How long do they remain?

I figured since I have a toe bruise now, I might as well go the full mile and start wearing keens or tevas.
                            Last time I had one, it lasted until the nail fell off - about 3 months

Welcome back - even if this is just a short visit

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

That is a very brave confession. Good for you for taking this first step.

Comment

Working...
                              X