Who do I cheer for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do I cheer for?

On Thursday my aunt and uncle are coming for a visit. They're coming in from Fresno. They are tried and true Bulldog fans and we're going to Ole Miss/Fresno game on Saturday. I'm excited--it'll be my first Ole Miss game and I hear it is quite an experience. So, who do I cheer for?

On the one hand, I am a native of California who grew up going to Fresno State games with my aunt and uncle who always had season tickets and used to live walking distance from the stadium.

On the other hand, I haven't lived in California or cheered for Fresno since my freshmen year at BYU. I am now a Mississippi resident, so I probably should start cheering for the Rebels.

In any case, I am excited for the game and happy that my aunt and uncle would come out here to visit us. Sadly, it is a rare event to have family here visiting.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
    -Teenage Dirtbag

If it helps push your decision either way Jeremiah Masoli broke my heart and tricked his way into playing QB for Ole Miss. There isn't a good reason to cheer for him to do well in football.

Either way enjoy the game.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Wait until half time and see who is winning and then make up your mind. It's always more enjoyable to cheer for a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
        On Thursday my aunt and uncle are coming for a visit. They're coming in from Fresno. They are tried and true Bulldog fans and we're going to Ole Miss/Fresno game on Saturday. I'm excited--it'll be my first Ole Miss game and I hear it is quite an experience. So, who do I cheer for?

On the one hand, I am a native of California who grew up going to Fresno State games with my aunt and uncle who always had season tickets and used to live walking distance from the stadium.

On the other hand, I haven't lived in California or cheered for Fresno since my freshmen year at BYU. I am now a Mississippi resident, so I probably should start cheering for the Rebels.

In any case, I am excited for the game and happy that my aunt and uncle would come out here to visit us. Sadly, it is a rare event to have family here visiting.
        If your heart isn't with Fresno, I would go with the Rebels. One of the great things about college football games is the huge sense of community with all the fellow fans. It's fun to be part of that community.

Comment

What HFN said. Tough to root for the Rebels with Masoli as their QB.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Ole Miss. "Hotty Toddy" is fun to say, and Admiral Ackbar is their unofficial mascot. Also, they've never lost a party.
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Go Rebels!!!

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Make sure you dress nice. Ole Miss fans show up in formal dress for the pregame festivities.

Also Ole Miss sucks this year so cheer for the V.
                *Banned*

Comment

Ol' Miss, for sure.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                    Go Rebels!!!

Don't listen to him. It's a TRAP!
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Make sure you dress nice. Ole Miss fans show up in formal dress for the pregame festivities.
                      Easily the best part about SEC football.

"I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        If it helps push your decision either way Jeremiah Masoli broke my heart and tricked his way into playing QB for Ole Miss. There isn't a good reason to cheer for him to do well in football.

Either way enjoy the game.
                        Fresno State broke my heart when they reneged on their WAC commitment and backstabbed BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                          Fresno State broke my heart when they reneged on their WAC commitment and backstabbed BYU.
                          Did you expect anything more from the school that hired Tark The Shark, AFTER he was at UNLV?

Comment

Ole Miss. I had a good friend from Oxford who had graduated from Ole Miss. His dad was an assistant athletic director, Harmon even floated his name as a possible replacement for Val Hale.

Hotty Toddy gosh allmighty bim bam flim flam Ole Miss, by damn!

It just sounds cool and the way they folks dress for football is a hoot. I also think that more Southern girls breastfeed and then get their knockers enhanced. Win win!
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                              It just sounds cool and the way they folks dress for football is a hoot. I also think that more Southern girls breastfeed and then get their knockers enhanced. Win win!
                              They breastfeed less:

http://www.rttnews.com/Content/Healt...d=1423575&SM=1

Comment

Working...
                              X