Herriman Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herriman Fire

Can't think of any Herriman dwellers on the board off hand but I hope everyone is safe. Looks pretty ugly.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
    Can't think of any Herriman dwellers on the board off hand but I hope everyone is safe. Looks pretty ugly.

My buddy just had to evacuate his house. He posted some video, not looking good.

Comment

It is starting to get hazy around our house we are only a few miles away. I am guessing HL and Beefy may be getting some haze as well.

A good friend of mine was evacuated, at first they were sent to the middle school but the fire is getting close to that so now everyone is at the high school.
      *Banned*

Comment

It is getting hazy at my house. My old home is actually in the evacuation zone. Had we still be in that home we would have been evacuated.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Wow... Just flipped to the news.. Houses are starting to burn down. This is bad.

Comment

My throat and eyes have been bothering me from the smoke.

I think the UC was also getting smoke from the fire around I-70 that was blowing up because it seemed like there was smoke moving in from the south west.

I did see a lot of smoke up north of us, but it was blowing into SLC. I imagine with the winds now blowing from the north, the smoke will get worse in Utah County.

I saw some flames and smoke driving in to work this morning over in Herriman.

Comment

I think I could smell the fire clear up in North Davis County last night as I was walking the dog. It looked ugly. My Sis-in-Law said the sky looked like Feb.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

I saw it from the air yesterday afternoon. Not pretty.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

My brother lived in Herriman. He still has his house there off of 13400 S. near Rose Canyon Rd..

He now lives in Tremonton, Utah.. I wonder if his home is gone.. It was completely paid off and was sitting vacant..

Any news where would be nice...

Comment

Scary. Growing up in Southern California this was every summer's news. It wasn't an if but when the brushfires would start.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      My brother lived in Herriman. He still has his house there off of 13400 S. near Rose Canyon Rd..

He now lives in Tremonton, Utah.. I wonder if his home is gone.. It was completely paid off and was sitting vacant..

During the governor's press conference this morning they said a few times that the number of burned homes is four (sucks for those four families, but that's nothing compared to the threat). If his home is close to 13400 S. there's no way his was one of those four.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post

They are saying only 4 homes have been lost. And it doesn't sound like it would be in that location.

My office is at 134000 S and Bangerter. My asthmatic lungs and I will not be going in today.
                        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Herbert and Chaffetz were on the news this morning milking this event for all of the PR they could get. Shameless.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

This fire was started by the weekend warriors firing off some rounds at Camp Williams. This is starting to remind me of when the government set off a "controlled burn" near Los Alamos and ended up destroying about 200 homes. My brother and his family was evacuated on that one.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Herbert and Chaffetz were on the news this morning milking this event for all of the PR they could get. Shameless.
                              Corroon spoke too.
                              "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Working...
                              X