Week 3 open thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 open thread

Gameday's in Auburn for the battle of the Tigers. A few games I'm looking forward to:

Iowa @ Arizona
    Nebraska @ Washington
    Texas @ Texas Tech
    ECU @ VaTech
    AFA @ OU
    SDSU @ Mizzou

Should be another exciting weekend.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Air Force and OU could be "closer than the experts think"
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

If Washington can find a way to beat Nebraska they save the season give themselves a chance at 6-6 and probably Nick Holt's job. I don't think it is going to happen.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        If Washington can find a way to beat Nebraska they save the season give themselves a chance at 6-6 and probably Nick Holt's job. I don't think it is going to happen.
        I don't see it happening, either. In fact, I'm shocked and suspicious about Nebraska only being favored by 3.5
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

ECU has a very good chance to send Va.Tech to 0-3.
          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
            Gameday's in Auburn for the battle of the Tigers. A few games I'm looking forward to:

Iowa @ Arizona
            Nebraska @ Washington
            Texas @ Texas Tech
            ECU @ VaTech
            AFA @ OU
            SDSU @ Mizzou

Should be another exciting weekend.
            Three for three for ESPN at SEC campuses/games. You know GameDay will be at Florida-Alabama on Oct. 2. You'd think ESPN would be a little more diverse in selecting GameDay sites -- Iowa-Arizona, IMO, would be a solid location -- but I think this just underlines the scarcity of great, compelling inter-sectional matchups this early in the season.

Comment

The more I look at it on our pick'em line-up, the more I get excited about Arkansas @ UGA. Mallett has that Hog offense revved up, but the return of Green just might give the Dawgs the necessary lift.

Comment

Only one game that matters...

this weekend: Farmageddon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmageddon_(football)

They're even having an antique tractor show in parking lot at Camarohead. I'm thinking that the Bucktoothed Wizard has that running game going and Thomas sticks 250 yards on the Clones, but the old fart's defense gave up 24 points to Missoura State last weekend. Wheatsilo Tech handles Cornsilo Tech 35 to 24.

Sidenote: Hawks continue the rally for Coach Gill and get a nice road win down at Southern Miss 24 to 10. I'm gonna have to go w/ the Slavers sticking it to ya'lls SDSU Aztecs 45 to 24. That's the view from the Cougar's future conference mates in the Norte.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Comment

Originally posted by Red Legger View Post
                  this weekend: Farmageddon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmageddon_(football)

They're even having an antique tractor show in parking lot at Camarohead. I'm thinking that the Bucktoothed Wizard has that running game going and Thomas sticks 250 yards on the Clones, but the old fart's defense gave up 24 points to Missoura State last weekend. Wheatsilo Tech handles Cornsilo Tech 35 to 24.

Sidenote: Hawks continue the rally for Coach Gill and get a nice road win down at Southern Miss 24 to 10. I'm gonna have to go w/ the Slavers sticking it to ya'lls SDSU Aztecs 45 to 24. That's the view from the Cougar's future conference mates in the Norte.

You only have the nerve to show up here because KU scheduled down and played an ACC team instead of another FCS team in Week 2.

Comment

Texas Tech's student government asks students to give the Longhorns the silent treatment during the game:

According to KENS5, the Texas Tech student government has told the students to be completely quiet when the Longhorns take the field because they think silence will be more intimidating than making lots of hissing noises and boos.

"They're used to someone yelling at them," said Drew Graham of Texas Tech's student government. "You can boo as loud as you want, but if we really get the stands to be completely silent, that has got to be more threatening to any team than anything else."
                    Yep, that should work.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

College football misses the pirate.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the Cal - Nevada game tomorrow night could be a real good one. Hopefully it will actually be in HD unlike that crap espnu was showing last week.

We will see if Nevada or Cal are for real.

Comment

I guess you can't just assume everyone in Texas knows about football. Making it easier to audible and call plays should be very hard on the Longhorns.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            I guess you can't just assume everyone in Texas knows about football. Making it easier to audible and call plays should be very hard on the Longhorns.
                            There are good reasons Tech gets less money than UT from the Big 12.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Everybody should miss the Pirate.

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              College football misses the pirate.
                              Gawd, I hope T Boone gets on w/ firing the 40 Year Old Man and hires the Pirate. The Big 12 just isn't the same w/out the Pirate.

Speaking of Scary Old Farts, I saw this gem for ya'll Utes:

http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-de...ight-cu-s-ship

As many great stories as I've watched in the Big8/12, the Preacher's rise was the greatest. Lost em all in 82 and won a MNC in 90. The entire time he fought w/ CU's administration, its dope smoking culture, a pesky state legislature and religious bigotry amongst CU's hoitytoity elitists. Recruited kids outta the hood in LA and had em play their hearts out through some of the most memorable games in college football history from 'The Fifth Down' to the 60 yard 'Hail Mary' in the Big House. And if Larry Scott understands what's best for him, he needs to pay off the Big 12 and get CU in the 12-Pac afore the Preacher takes over the AD spot. Otherwise, the Preacher may just bring on BYU and stay in the Big 12. Coach Mac won't screw around w/ a pretty boy like Larry Scott and is a dyed in the wool Big 8 guy who played for the Slavers and coached w/ the Buffs. If ya'll don't believe me, you should watch the reception that guy gets in Folsom Field this year when they honor the 20th anniversary of their MNC. The man is gawd in a place where there are none.

Last edited by Red Legger; 09-17-2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X