Tea Party dumbasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Party dumbasses

They just handed the Delaware Senate seat to the Democrats. Karl Rove was interviewed and he wasn't particularly thrilled that O'Donnell won.

The GOP Senate election people said that they will not support O'Donnell in the general election.

Sarah Palin is scourge on the GOP.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    They just handed the Delaware Senate seat to the Democrats. Karl Rove was interviewed and he wasn't particularly thrilled that O'Donnell won.

The GOP Senate election people said that they will not support O'Donnell in the general election.

Sarah Palin is scourge on the GOP.
    As I think about it, I agree with you. Initially I was going to state how I was interested in how these movements within the Republican Party impacts Republican voting habits, but for the short term, at least as long as Obama is President, they are all going to be fiscal hawks. The impact on voting habits is most likely already there and likely to stay there for some time. The opportunity to influence the legislatve agenda is being lost as both Nevada and Delaware were ripe for a moderate Republican to win.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I don't mind that the good 'ol boys get a good, swift kick in the steelies on occassion. Keeps 'em attentive.

Comment

Originally posted by mUUser View Post
        I don't mind that the good 'ol boys get a good, swift kick in the steelies on occassion. Keeps 'em attentive.

Exactly. Folks on the left thought the same thing when it came to voting for Nader. Sometimes it is worth taking a few lumps to remind the representatives whose interests they are supposed to be representing. As it stands, the tea baggers actually have a chance of picking up some seats, so they are more reasonable in their expectations than the Nader voters.

Comment

Originally posted by mUUser View Post
          I don't mind that the good 'ol boys get a good, swift kick in the steelies on occasion. Keeps 'em attentive.

I agree. This O'Donnell lady seems like a real piece of work and I wouldn't want her representing me.

OTOH, I just have to laugh and say "good for the voters!" The GOP was completely behind Castle with support and money, yet the voters went the other way fairly convincingly. I can certainly understand the voter frustration with the same type of candidate that got us where we are today--Castle.

Still, it would be nice if the candidate were more well spoken and a decent standard bearer for conservative or tea party principles. Comparatively, I think Angle is much better in that regard. And she's going to beat Reid anyway.

Comment

I don't care about O'Donnell or Castle. Well actually I would prefer the more conservative candidate. However, I am not so prinicipled that if I saw voting for the moderate candidate would help me in the big picture I wouldn't do it.

For instance, the bulk of the repubs. that get in this year will be conservative. If though in my state the guy with the best chance to win was the moderate, I would vote for him in hopes the Senate would be controlled by my guys. I get the chairmanships and most of them would be conservative guys.

On the other hand I could vote on "principle", an argument championed on CB, and let the Senate still be controlled by Dems. Then Hannity, Rush and the rest of them could still make big bucks crying and moaning about how things are.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              I don't care about O'Donnell or Castle. Well actually I would prefer the more conservative candidate. However, I am not so prinicipled that if I saw voting for the moderate candidate would help me in the big picture I wouldn't do it.

For instance, the bulk of the repubs. that get in this year will be conservative. If though in my state the guy with the best chance to win was the moderate, I would vote for him in hopes the Senate would be controlled by my guys. I get the chairmanships and most of them would be conservative guys.

On the other hand I could vote on "principle", an argument championed on CB, and let the Senate still be controlled by Dems. Then Hannity, Rush and the rest of them could still make big bucks crying and moaning about how things are.
              This is my philosphy as well. I think the GOP has just kissed any chance of controlling the senate good by. I could never understand the "Purity" test in politics. I've always had the opinion that half a loaf is better than none.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                As I think about it, I agree with you. Initially I was going to state how I was interested in how these movements within the Republican Party impacts Republican voting habits, but for the short term, at least as long as Obama is President, they are all going to be fiscal hawks. The impact on voting habits is most likely already there and likely to stay there for some time. The opportunity to influence the legislatve agenda is being lost as both Nevada and Delaware were ripe for a moderate Republican to win.
                I still think Crazy Eyes is going to beat Harry Reid. Delaware is a solid blue state and Nevada is not. Also, O'Donnell sounds like more of a nutjob than Angle.

You take what you can get in Delaware and Castle, at worst, would have been like one of the Maine Senators and at best would have been like Judd Gregg in New Hampshire.

BTW, the tea party candidate also won in New Hampshire. The more mainstream GOP candidate would have rolled to victory but the tea party candidate makes it a tossup.

It was going to be exceptionally difficult for the GOP to take over the Senate this election cycle. And for purposes of the GOP prospects in 2012, it will probably be better that they're not in the majority in the Senate because Obama won't be able to sit there and blame Congress for the problems that have occurred during his first term. The GOP is going to take over the House regardless and that by itself will probably prevent the Democrats from doing about 90% of what they want to do in Congress. The Senate has unilateral approval authority for judges but a 51 seat GOP majority isn't going to hold on approving judges anyway.

The problem I see though is the fact that the Tea Party morons handed that Delaware Senate seat to the Democrats for probably the next three + terms or whenever the Democratic shoe-in candidate decides to retire.

You take the good with the bad. The Tea Party has breathed a lot of life into the GOP. It's going to drive voter turnout and its going to help crush the Dems in November. But the desire for ideological purity is producing a fewpoor candidates.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I still think Crazy Eyes is going to beat Harry Reid. Delaware is a solid blue state and Nevada is not. Also, O'Donnell sounds like more of a nutjob than Angle.

You take what you can get in Delaware and Castle, at worst, would have been like one of the Maine Senators and at best would have been like Judd Gregg in New Hampshire.

BTW, the tea party candidate also won in New Hampshire. The more mainstream GOP candidate would have rolled to victory but the tea party candidate makes it a tossup.

It was going to be exceptionally difficult for the GOP to take over the Senate this election cycle. And for purposes of the GOP prospects in 2012, it will probably be better that they're not in the majority in the Senate because Obama won't be able to sit there and blame Congress for the problems that have occurred during his first term. The GOP is going to take over the House regardless and that by itself will probably prevent the Democrats from doing about 90% of what they want to do in Congress. The Senate has unilateral approval authority for judges but a 51 seat GOP majority isn't going to hold on approving judges anyway.

The problem I see though is the fact that the Tea Party morons handed that Delaware Senate seat to the Democrats for probably the next three + terms or whenever the Democratic shoe-in candidate decides to retire.

You take the good with the bad. The Tea Party has breathed a lot of life into the GOP. It's going to drive voter turnout and its going to help crush the Dems in November. But the desire for ideological purity is producing a fewpoor candidates.
                  This is just an opinon. I think the righties have captured the tea party. The tea party folks were mad and upset at incumbents and politicians in general. Specifically because they were in power, the dems. I don't think they were all Hannity groupies.

However, the media, bless them started labeling them as righties. The righties started putting up the best defense of them. So these folks are venting now against incumbents in the republican party to show their disgust.

If you see the polls, less people identify as "tea party" types. I would have said I was one, but won't now. It wasn't what the liberal press did that changed my mind, it is their association with the righties in my party. It isn't even that I don't agree with probably 90% percent of what the righties believe, but it is that thier (BEck, Hannity, Limbaugh's) style bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    This is just an opinon. I think the righties have captured the tea party. The tea party folks were mad and upset at incumbents and politicians in general. Specifically because they were in power, the dems. I don't think they were all Hannity groupies.

However, the media, bless them started labeling them as righties. The righties started putting up the best defense of them. So these folks are venting now against incumbents in the republican party to show their disgust.

If you see the polls, less people identify as "tea party" types. I would have said I was one, but won't now. It wasn't what the liberal press did that changed my mind, it is their association with the righties in my party. It isn't even that I don't agree with probably 90% percent of what the righties believe, but it is that thier (BEck, Hannity, Limbaugh's) style bothers me.
                    The Dems have been fighting a losing battle with the Tea Party activism. What they have failed to understand is that the reason behind the whole movement is a big tent issue -- stopping out of control spending and reigning in the power of government. This isn't a movement based on some polarizing socially conservative agenda, at it's core it's based on principles a majority of the country can agree on.

The GOP has mostly lost the West Coast and Northeast for one reason -- siding with the social conservative wing of the party. To the extent that Bill Clinton's wing of the democratic party gained a reputation for competent governance and decent handling of the economy (classic GOP territory), the GOP was marginalized into being the party for social conservatives and strong national defense.

Obama and Pelosi have ceded the competent and limited government ground back to the GOP and the tea party and GOP's association with it have only magnified what's occurred since Obama's inauguration. The tea party isn't having rallies focused on ending abortion or stopping gay marriage, the rallies are mostly aimed at limiting government power and limiting government spending.

But as I said before, you take the good with the bad.

Comment

They just handed the Delaware Senate seat to the Democrats.
                      The party fares better in Texas, which just elected a tea partier to its Supreme Court.

Comment

The madness continues, this time with Eric Cantor. Do Virginia Republicans really think a TP candidate who is anti-immigration reform, opposed to raising the debt ceiling, and hates big business is electable in their state? What the hell ever happened to nominating the most conservative candidate who can win? This is the reason the GOP doesn't control the Senate and allowed the White house to be occupied by an arrogant, detached, economic lightweight for the last six years.
                        sigpic
                        "Outlined against a blue, gray
                        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                          The madness continues, this time with Eric Cantor. Do Virginia Republicans really think a TP candidate who is anti-immigration reform, opposed to raising the debt ceiling, and hates big business is electable in their state? What the hell ever happened to nominating the most conservative candidate who can win? This is the reason the GOP doesn't control the Senate and allowed the White house to be occupied by an arrogant, detached, economic lightweight for the last six years.
                          It's a heavily republican district, so this new guy should win pretty easily. That is unless the GOP establishment refuses to actively back their nominee, which has happened lately.
                          "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by venkman View Post
                            It's a heavily republican district, so this new guy should win pretty easily. That is unless the GOP establishment refuses to actively back their nominee, which has happened lately.
                            I wouldn't be surprised if an independent conservative ran and won. The guy who won has not been seriously vetted and had no serious financial backing before tonight. He won because of last minute endorsements from Laura Ingram, Glenn Beck and Mark Levin, who painted Cantor (a solid conservative on the vast majority of issues, and very popular in the House) as a pro-amnesty liberal. Cantor may have actually hurt himself too by ignoring this guy until the last minute, only to dump $5 Million into the race in the last few weeks, which had the effect of raising the profile of this no name guy and causing the TPers to believe they had a chance.

Cantor cannot be on the ballot as an Independent under Virginia's "poor loser" law, but unless this guy that won is secretly solid (doubtful) I bet there is an independent conservative that wins the seat. Cantor could run a write-in campaign, but that would be difficult to win.

Comment

I hate the tea party. I also really hate the GOP.

I actually think Cantor should have laid low. He brought attention to Bratt by going on TV. He was an unknown until he went on the attack in the media.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X