Classy AF Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classy AF Fan

Here's a post by a classy AF fan about classy BYU fans. I hope we can continue to play them now and then.

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/i...howtopic=27826
    "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

that was nice, I just wish we were classy with the W to boot.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Their fans may be classy, but if your players walk away from the game with their knees they you are lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Their fans may be classy, but if your players walk away from the game with their knees they you are lucky.
        Not to mention a BYU player was punched in the face during the game and how about the cheap shot on Jacobsen?

They are dirty little bitches, however when they are fighting wars I hope they use all of those tactics.
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Not to mention a BYU player was punched in the face during the game and how about the cheap shot on Jacobsen?

They are dirty little bitches, however when they are fighting wars I hope they use all of those tactics.
          In war there is no second place - use all the tricks you have

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

LOL! Nominated for post of the year! Good work here Junkie.

Something I've noticed (particularly) with BYU fans is a character assessment of a player, sometimes an entire team, and quite frequently an entire fanbase after a loss. There must be some connection here between losing and passing judgement...there must be!

I don't mean to troll, but this is becoming a trend. And I'm not saying its exclusive to BYU fans. I just see it more often with them.
            "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
            -John Heisman

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post

Something I've noticed (particularly) with BYU fans is a character assessment of a player, sometimes an entire team, and quite frequently an entire fanbase after a loss. There must be some connection here between losing and passing judgement...there must be!

I don't mean to troll, but this is becoming a trend. And I'm not saying its exclusive to BYU fans. I just see it more often with them.
              Fortunatly we haven't had to pass judgement on Utah in 4 out of the last 5 years I believe.

Comment

Yeah, what kind of a loser would stereotype a character assessment across an entire fan base?
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  Yeah, what kind of a loser would stereotype a character assessment across an entire fan base?
                  I've noticed that Ute fans do that a lot. I'm not necessarily saying that they all do it, but I've just happened to notice that they all do it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    I've noticed that Ute fans do that a lot. I'm not necessarily saying that they all do it, but I've just happened to notice that they all do it all the time.
                    Why, YOhio? Why?

Every sports fan does it. I just notice a lot of BYU fans saying things like "They are so not as classy as we are" or "They can't hold a candle to me because I'm from Ohio blah blah blah blah blah".
                    "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
                    -John Heisman

Comment

I was basing my judgement on my brother playing against their prep school. He said they were the dirtiest team he ever played. I imagine that they only perfect it on the varsity team.

Comment

lol. Would that have anything to do with the fact that you pay a lot more attention to BYU fans than you do other fans?

By the way, I've noticed a lot more drunk Ute fans than I have with West Virginia fans, or even Central Michigan fans, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                          lol. Would that have anything to do with the fact that you pay a lot more attention to BYU fans than you do other fans?

By the way, I've noticed a lot more drunk Ute fans than I have with West Virginia fans, or even Central Michigan fans, for that matter.
                          Don't think that's true. I'm not from Utah and have had experiences with many other fans in this context. I can't stand USC fans. Oh jeez....

BYU is unique here I think. Especially fans who come from the...oh, never mind.

There are a lot of drunk Ute fans who are proving to the world that they are not Mormon. Good for them. But there are a lot of drunk UCLA, Arizona State, Wyoming, Alabama, and Georgia Tech fans too. I think it's pretty tough to say that there are more drunk Ute fans than drunk Arizona fans. Sure, some of them are drinking to prove something, but, come on.

-John Heisman

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            I was basing my judgement on my brother playing against their prep school. He said they were the dirtiest team he ever played. I imagine that they only perfect it on the varsity team.
                            Yeah this is not an isolated incident. I also hate cut blocks and think that they are cheap. But at least that is within the rules.
                            *Banned*

Comment

Yeah this is not an isolated incident. I also hate cut blocks and think that they are cheap. But at least that is within the rules.
                              I did have to laugh that the announcers on Saturday kept referring to the discipline of the Cadets over and over amidst consecutive 15 yard penalties and blind side hits on crossing routes.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                              X