The Daily Show Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daily Show Thread

Did anyone see this interview with Meghan McCain?

1. She's a total babe.
    2. She slams Bristol & Sarah Palin, badly.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th.../meghan-mccain
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Did anyone see this interview with Meghan McCain?

1. She's a total babe.
    2. She slams Bristol & Sarah Palin, badly.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th.../meghan-mccain

She says almost nothing about Bristol or Palin in the interview and comes off as an airhead.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

She says almost nothing about Bristol or Palin in the interview and comes off as an airhead.
      I had the same reaction.

90%of her interview was her doing this: Tee-heee-heee-heee--hahahaha-heee-heee. "It's like you're totally obsessed!"

No thanks, Meg. I don't want the wares you're peddling.

Comment

Aasif Mandvi goes to Nevada to interview union workers picketing Wal-Mart. Turns out they aren't really union workers. One the funniest gotcha moments I have ever seen. The reaction of the union boss is priceless.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...orking-stiffed
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Sounds like Joanna Brooks is going to be a guest on Thursday August 9, 2012.

Comment

He is one of the more intelligent interviewers on television. He has more liberal leanings, for sure, but I feel like he's always fair. Rubio was on a few weeks ago, and he came across as a Republican I could easily get behind - assuming, of course, that he doesn't get GOP'd like McCain did in '08 (bend to the extremists in the party).

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
              He is one of the more intelligent interviewers on television. He has more liberal leanings, for sure, but I feel like he's always fair. Rubio was on a few weeks ago, and he came across as a Republican I could easily get behind - assuming, of course, that he doesn't get GOP'd like McCain did in '08 (bend to the extremists in the party).
              Are you a Tea Partier? Rubio has been called the "crown prince" of the Tea Party and they are pushing for him to be the VP choice. I don't know how beholden he is to the crazies and prefer to believe that he is a smart enough politician to manage their expectations while getting behind reasonable policies.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Aasif Mandvi goes to Nevada to interview union workers picketing Wal-Mart. Turns out they aren't really union workers. One the funniest gotcha moments I have ever seen. The reaction of the union boss is priceless.

Yikes. I shopped at that Walmart that caused that union to mistreat those poor picketers. I'm so ashamed.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Are you a Tea Partier? Rubio has been called the "crown prince" of the Tea Party and they are pushing for him to be the VP choice. I don't know how beholden he is to the crazies and prefer to believe that he is a smart enough politician to manage their expectations while getting behind reasonable policies.
                  I don't know much about his policies. I know what I saw in the interview didn't seem extreme. Maybe he was just playing to the audience.

My comment was making more of a point about how while Stewart will admit he leans left of center, The Daily Show is fair to the conservative views.

Comment

I'm two years late to this, but that was hilarious. I've also driven by that Wal Mart (I think it's the Wal Mart grocery store on Stephanie in Henderson, right Falafel?) a few times.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                      I'm two years late to this, but that was hilarious. I've also driven by that Wal Mart (I think it's the Wal Mart grocery store on Stephanie in Henderson, right Falafel?) a few times.
                      Actually, its the one on Rainbow and 215 at Arroyo Crossing. I bought a yoga mat there!
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Yikes. I shopped at that Walmart that caused that union to mistreat those poor picketers. I'm so ashamed.
                        We have a family policy against shopping in Henderson.
                        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                          We have a family policy against shopping in Henderson.
                          http://cougaruteforum.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=11

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Oops. Is that not Henderson? Ha! My bad. I guess we're still covered by the Walmart policy.
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                              Oops. Is that not Henderson? Ha! My bad. I guess we're still covered by the Walmart policy.
                              It can be a little confusing where Henderson begins, but generally speaking, until 215 bends to the south, past the airport, you're still in Las Vegas.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X