Apo out 6 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apo out 6 weeks

So far he has two surgeries to show for his college career.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    So far he has two surgeries to show for his college career.
    Saw that. Sucks. They should redshirt him. If they don't then I'll be really .
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

what's the surgery for?
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
        what's the surgery for?
        Open dislocated finger.

-Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Open dislocated finger.
          I wish Heaps would stop throwing the ball so hard.

Comment

Saw that. Sucks. They should redshirt him. If they don't then I'll be really .
            They should redshirt him. I don't think he saw the field on Saturday. If he is going to miss another 6 weeks they would be really stupid not to.
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
              They should redshirt him. I don't think he saw the field on Saturday. If he is going to miss another 6 weeks they would be really stupid not to.
              Definitely. He doesn't show up in the player participation report against UW.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                Definitely. He doesn't show up in the player participation report against UW.
                Harmon said he played special teams. And I think I remember seeing this.
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Even if it was a couple of plays on special teams, with an injury you can still redshirt. aI believe it has to do with the amount of plays. Although it might have to be a season ending injury. Not sure on the official rules. Matt Asiata redshirted after he broke his leg vs. Oregon St. I believe Harvey did it in 06 as well. He had a couple of carries in the first game and broke his hip. Both of those were season ending injuries though.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Keep in mind that Jordan Johnson is also #11, so was it really Apo or Johnson on the field?

http://www.byucougars.com/Roster.jsp?SP=130&NUM
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Could be, but whoever keeps the official stats didn't see it.

Could he get a medical redshirt if he doesn't play again? I know you can't play in more than 2 or 3 games, but do you have to be injured for basically the whole season to qualify?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                        Even if it was a couple of plays on special teams, with an injury you can still redshirt. aI believe it has to do with the amount of plays. Although it might have to be a season ending injury. Not sure on the official rules. Matt Asiata redshirted after he broke his leg vs. Oregon St. I believe Harvey did it in 06 as well. He had a couple of carries in the first game and broke his hip. Both of those were season ending injuries though.
                        I believe it is if you have played less than 20% of the total plays for the year, you can receive a medical redshirt

Comment

Wikipedia

There is also a medical redshirt that may be obtained to replace a season lost to injury. A medical redshirt, called a "medical hardship" by the NCAA, can be granted by the governing body for a season lost completely or almost completely to injury. If a player plays in 20% or less or his/her team's games, then suffers a season ending injury, a medical redshirt may be granted. A medical redshirt can allow a player to gain additional eligibility beyond the standard four academic calendar years. On rare occasions, a player may be allowed to play in his or her sixth year of college if he or she suffered a serious injury which kept him or her from playing for more than one season.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                            But what is a "season ending injury" defined as? If we don't let him play for the rest of the year, is that a season ending injury? Who could argue, especially if our team doctor says he's not ready to play (wink wink).
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              But what is a "season ending injury" defined as? If we don't let him play for the rest of the year, is that a season ending injury? Who could argue, especially if our team doctor says he's not ready to play (wink wink).
                              That definition is subject to the whims of the NCAA.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Working...
                              X