Week 2 Open Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 Open Thread

It's great to have football season rolling again. There are a lot of exciting matchups worth watching this weekend.

Heavyweights:
    • #20 Florida State at #7 Oklahoma
    • #13 Miami at #2 tOSU
    • #19 Penn St. at #1 Alabama

Middleweights:
    • #22 Auburn at Miss. St. (Thursday, early conference game on the road)
    • Iowa St. at #9 Iowa (rivalry games are fun early in the season, even though they appear to be mismatched)
    • Michigan at Notre Dame (who knows how good either of them are, but this one is always fun)
    • #11 Oregon at Tennessee (long way to travel from Eugene to Rocky Top; they won their openers by a combined 122-0 score, albeit against D-1AA competition)

Lightweights:
    • Colorado at Kal (will be interesting to see how Kal welcomes them to the PAC)
    • Syracuse at Washington (Will they bark for Sark at home?)
    • Texas Tech at New Mexico (I guess this is interesting if anyone still cares about the MWC)
    • Wyoming at Texas (Texas isn't a lightweight, but they weren't too impressive against Rice; Wyoming wants to show that they aren't a lightweight)

What games will you be watching? (Sadly, I don't think I'll see any of them, but that's a story for a different thread.)

I'm interested in the FSU vs Oklahoma game. With FSU right around the corner, I'd love to see a good physical game that wears down the Seminoles. I'm also interested to see Oklahoma. Was the USU game an aberration or is USU really that improved... or is Oklahoma just over hyped?
    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
    —Abraham Maslow

Comment

I'll tailgate and attend UNLV/Utah, then get home and watch PSU/Bama. If I hurry, I think I can get caught up by the 4th quarter.

Go Utes and Roll Tide!
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I am pretty excited about this weeks games. This weeks line-up has some great match-ups. I might not end up watching Utah and BYU's game until very late Saturday night. Utah is playing a dog <yawn>, I am not very interested in that one. I think the BYU-AFA game will be closer than many think. I am predicting a BYU victory but I think it ends up being close.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Watching Auburn-Miss St. Cowbells are the new vuvuzelas.

Also, kind of a sloppy game. Auburn's TD was a screen pass on 3rd and 8 against a 6-man blitz. Miss St's TD came after a muffed punt.
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Craig James and Jesse Palmer are not good. Rece Davis is ok.

Comment

Cam Newton is huge.
              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Cam Newton is huge.
                and fast and has a freaking cannon. He is raw but fun as hell to watch.
                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  and fast and has a freaking cannon. He is raw but fun as hell to watch.
                  He needs to work on his accuracy, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                    He needs to work on his accuracy, though.
                    I said he was raw. Just be glad he doesn't play for Sark. Sark would keep him in the pocket and not let him use his talents.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Marshall's up 14-3 at half over West Virgina.

The Mountaineers are getting their butts kicked on the offensive line.

Comment

Marshall up 21-13 with 5:30 left. Hopefully the Herd can hold on.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                          Marshall up 21-13 with 5:30 left. Hopefully the Herd can hold on.
                          What a choke by Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            What a choke by Marshall.
                            Yeah, after the fumble inside the 10 with a chance to go up 28-6, they didn't do a single thing right.

Comment

This is my opening weekend. Sitting here watching CGD, gonna order up some pizza. Going to be a great day.

Comment

Working...
                              X