X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Cain start against UNLV?

I would not be shocked based on this:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/50...-utes.html.csp

Having Cain take snaps this Saturday might be the smart thing to do...we don't want to aggravate any injuries here. Fortunately this isn't the week before Air Force or TCU.
    "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
    -John Heisman

Comment

Usually Monday practices are light, so I'm not too concerned about him not doing any throwing.

If he can't go tomorrow, though, they should start preparing and game-planning as if Cain will be the starter. If he can't go Wednesday, rest him for the week, but give no public indication who the QB will be for Saturday.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I hope so, and if he performs well I hope that the coaches will learn from the lethal combination of Nelson and Heaps at BYU and make him a co-starter.

In order to catch up to BYU we need 2 a QB system.

Comment

Wynn injured his right thumb in the Utes' 27-24 overtime win over Pittsburgh in the season opener Thursday. He said Tuesday that he may not know until Saturday morning whether he will be able to play that afternoon against the Rebels.
          [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5543589"]Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn day to day with sprained thumb - ESPN[/ame]

Sounding more and more like Cain. Guess we'll see. Must be a pretty decent sprain.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
            Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn day to day with sprained thumb - ESPN

Sounding more and more like Cain. Guess we'll see. Must be a pretty decent sprain.
            This is the kind of injury that can linger all year long.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Thumb injuries are tricky. It can be really tough to grip the ball well with even a recovering thumb injury that feel pretty good. Not too surprising that Cain is getting reps if the thumb is slow in coming around.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                This is the kind of injury that can linger all year long.
                the only way to really get it right is to not throw at all for a while. This will be one to watch for sure.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I am thinking more and more that Cain will get the start on Saturday.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    the only way to really get it right is to not throw at all for a while. This will be one to watch for sure.
                    Yup. Hopefully it's not Warner like.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like Pussitis with a touch of Vaginosis to me.
                      *Banned*

Comment

Can Cain throw the ball more than 7 yards down field? I remember last year anything he threw deep (well....deep for him meaning over 7 yards) ended up at the feet of the receiver. In any case it probably doesn't matter as Utah could run every down with Wide and Asiata and still come out of this game with a victory by at least two touchdowns.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                          Can Cain throw the ball more than 7 yards down field? I remember last year anything he threw deep (well....deep for him meaning over 7 yards) ended up at the feet of the receiver. In any case it probably doesn't matter as Utah could run every down with Wide and Asiata and still come out of this game with a victory by at least two touchdowns.
                          They won't need more than 7 yard throws to beat UNLV. The Rebels are awful. Did anyone see that UNLV had 12 yards of total offense in the first half against Wisconsin and they were down 17-14 at half time? I guess they scored to defensive touchdowns. I didn't watch the game just read a little bit about it.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                            IIRC he gets in trouble if he has to throw it more than 15 yards. But there's a silver lining: at least he doesn't throw the ball too hard for the poor receivers to catch it.
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
                            X