One fourth of the way through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One fourth of the way through

Today is the six month mark since we took our son down to the MTC. Eighteen months still seems a long ways away. On the plus side he doing really well and is a lot better missionary then his dad was.
    Last edited by RC Vikings; 02-27-2009, 06:15 AM.

I still can't believe how anyone can put themselves through that ordeal.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      I still can't believe how anyone can put themselves through that ordeal.
      My boy recently reached the 6 month milestone as well serving in the NE part of the US. He chose to serve his mission on his own. We always expected that he would serve and encouraged him to do so as he was growing up. But, there for a while he had made up his mind he was not serving. He went on his own spiritual journey searching for truth during his freshman year in college and found what he was looking for; His testimony was strengthened and at the end of his freshman year last April, he submitted his papers.

From what I can tell from his letters, it has not been ordeal thus far and mom and dad are very happy. One down, five more boys to go.

Comment

Originally posted by cougarobgon View Post
        My boy recently reached the 6 month milestone as well serving in the NE part of the US. He chose to serve his mission on his own. We always expected that he would serve and encouraged him to do so as he was growing up. But, there for a while he had made up his mind he was not serving. He went on his own spiritual journey searching for truth during his freshman year in college and found what he was looking for; His testimony was strengthened and at the end of his freshman year last April, he submitted his papers.

From what I can tell from his letters, it has not been ordeal thus far and mom and dad are very happy. One down, five more boys to go.
        That's awesome.

6 Boys. You got a volleyball team there.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougarobgon View Post
          One down, five more boys to go.
          I'm not sure I could do this five more times. My other son will leave right after his brother gets home and that eighteen months is coming entirely to fast.

Comment

We are coming up on 5 months for my son. He always expected to go but during his freshman year at a godless isntution of higher education he waivered a bit. He came abck alst summer and took it upon himself (with our urging) to study and concentrate on the decision,. HE then chose to go. He has become enthusiastic and very commtited abnd excited about the work. I miss him terribly but I am, like RC, glad that he is a much better missionary than his old man (that was one bar that did nto get raised).
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your experiences and updates. As a father with young boys, I appreciate the dad's perspective on having a son on a mish.

Comment

Working...
              X