"Edwards Stadium"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Edwards Stadium"

Multiple times during the UW-BYU broadcast the play-by-play guy referred to it as Edwards Stadium (he kept leaving off "LaVell..."). Has there been a name change or was he freestyling?

I think it should be referred to as "The Ed"
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
      Multiple times during the UW-BYU broadcast the play-by-play guy referred to it as Edwards Stadium (he kept leaving off "LaVell..."). Has there been a name change or was he freestyling?
      Well if it makes you feel any better, at halftime of the UNLV-Wisconsin game on Vs. they showed highlights of the BYU game and mentioned that BYU was honoring its past All-American QBs. They then showed LaVell walking onto the field and the host said something like "LaVell Edwards, one of BYU's many great QBs was in the house for the game. "
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

the dude was freewheeling and was pretty bad the whole night. I wish sports announcers would quit approaching games as though they were cocktail parties.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
          the dude was freewheeling and was pretty bad the whole night. I wish sports announcers would quit approaching games as though they were cocktail parties.
          This is why you need to turn down the TV and listen to Greg Wrubell's play-by-play on KSL. Wrubell would never make such a mistake.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            This is why you need to turn down the TV and listen to Greg Wrubell's play-by-play on KSL. Wrubell would never make such a mistake.
            I actually didn't notice that specific mistake, but a myriad of others. Wrubell has his own idiosyncrasies (emphasis mine) that are equally annoying. I just don't care much for sports announcers.
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Working...
            X