Major props to Riley Stephenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major props to Riley Stephenson

Touched on this in the Game thread, but deserves its own, IMO, given the woes of our kicking game over the last few years.

6 punts. 0 punt returns. 3 punts inside the 20, and I believe at least two of those were within the 5. With field position being such a huge factor in the game, this was a big difference.

Also, on kickoffs, Washington had 3 total returns for a TOTAL of 20 yards. One of those was because of a slip (which had me laughing) and another thanks to a nice bounce on a squib kick, but when you can hold a team to a 6.7 yard average return on kick offs, you're ecstatic about it.

I remember watching the replay of the Oklahoma game last year, and Riley standing there very still and alone at the 3 yard line, and the announcers saying something like "Welcome to Division 1 football kid" and then Riley booming it out of there.

Does he go on a mission after this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      I remember watching the replay of the Oklahoma game last year, and Riley standing there very still and alone at the 3 yard line, and the announcers saying something like "Welcome to Division 1 football kid" and then Riley booming it out of there.

Does he go on a mission after this season?
      No, he already went.

Comment

Special teams owned Washington. I didn't know this but Bronco said he is the special teams coach this year. Very cool. He's not engaged with D at all. First year he doesn't even attend defenisve meetings. Perfect that he's coaching special teams. That is all about effort and execution and I'm sure his players are dying to please him.

Comment

You can't say enough about Stephenson. His kickoffs were also very good.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            Special teams owned Washington. I didn't know this but Bronco said he is the special teams coach this year. Very cool. He's not engaged with D at all. First year he doesn't even attend defenisve meetings. Perfect that he's coaching special teams. That is all about effort and execution and I'm sure his players are dying to please him.
            I thought he was still doing Nose Guard duty?
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              You can't say enough about Stephenson. His kickoffs were also very good.
              Except for that weird squib kick, which I swear wasn't intentional. BYU still covered it well. Well, that and the lucky bounces.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

it also probably helped that chris polk blew two kick returns
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                  it also probably helped that chris polk blew two kick returns
                  Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                  X