My 2010 Bold MWC Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2010 Bold MWC Prediction

Either BYU or Utah, and potentially both, lose a conference game this year that is not against TCU, BYU or Utah.

Trap games for Utah include at Wyoming, at Air Force, and to a lesser degree, at San Diego State.

Trap games for BYU are at Air Force and at home against SDSU.

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    Either BYU or Utah, and potentially both, lose a conference game this year that is not against TCU, BYU or Utah.

Trap games for Utah include at Wyoming, at Air Force, and to a lesser degree, at San Diego State.

Trap games for BYU are at Air Force and at home against SDSU.
    AFA isn't a trap game for us. The Falcons always play us tough, and it's our first true challenge after a month-plus of pushovers. We know what we're getting into there.

Not buying the Wyoming resurgence yet. They were improved last year, but caught a ton of breaks. I expect a CSU regression this year -- although they won't go winless in MWC play by a long shot.

SDSU is where I agree 100 percent. It's the lone breather in our final five games, but the Aztecs should really be coming around at this point. It comes after AFA-TCU-Notre Dame, but before BYU. Even if Utah were to be 10-0 at this point, this game would be terrifying, unless SDSU takes a clear step backward.

I'd say Nevada is a bigger trap game for BYU than the two you mentioned, but I also realize it falls outside of your parameters -- it's not a conference game.

Comment

Yup I agree on Nevada. 1-3 is more likely than 3-1 IMO, as is 0-4 more likely than 4-0. Having said that, I think the Y splits their first four, has figured out the QB situation and has their identity and is ready to roll.

Comment

Utah will should be able to grind out a victory in Laramie fairly easy. And regardless of the gap in talent or season performance, Utah hasn't had anything resembling a comfortable win in Colorado Springs since the WAC days. It's impossible to pencil that in as a win.

But even with everything BYU lost from last year, I still get the feeling that they lose to only FSU, TCU, and Utah. With very few exceptions, they easily dispose of the teams they should beat.
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          Utah will should be able to grind out a victory in Laramie fairly easy. And regardless of the gap in talent or season performance, Utah hasn't had anything resembling a comfortable win in Colorado Springs since the WAC days. It's impossible to pencil that in as a win.

But even with everything BYU lost from last year, I still get the feeling that they lose to only FSU, TCU, and Utah. With very few exceptions, they easily dispose of the teams they should beat.
          They both should, absolutely. I don't think they both will though.

Comment

I hate when I am right.

Comment

Working...
            X