Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statistical breakdown.......

Most of this comes from David Locke but I found it interesting:

-Brent Casteel is only catching 53.1% of the balls thrown his way and only 16% on 3rd down.

- Utahs most efficient receiver is Freddie Brown who is catching 77.9% of the balls thrown his way.

- Austin Collie is catching 70% of the balls thrown to him, Pitta 75%, and Unga 88%. Harvey has had 41 balls thrown to him and he has caught 36.

- Austin Collie and Dennis Pitta have combined to convert 37 of 55 third downs which is 67%.

- Utahs best weapon on 3rd down is Godfrey who has caught 16 of 25 balls which is 64%

- Utahs offense is only converted 21% of their 3rd downs longer than 7 yards. While BYUs offense is converting 40%.

- Defensively Utahs defense is holding teams to a 17% conversion rating on 3rd and 7 or longer, while BYUs defense is holding teams to a 25% conversion rating.

-Utahs defense has yet to stop anyone on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2.

- On 3rd and 10 or more, Utahs offense is 2-23, while BYUs offense is 8-19.

- Utahs defense has given up 22 plays of 20 or more yards, while BYUs defense has given up 27. Utahs has only given up 1 play of 20 or more yards out of a 5 wide formation, BYU has given up 7.

- BYU has given up 7 running plays of 20 or more yards, Utah has given up 5.

- BYU has only gone empty backfield on 5 plays all season long.
    Last edited by cougjunkie; 11-20-2008, 08:50 AM.
    *Banned*

Very interesting.
    Yes Freddie is money.
    That collie/unga/pitta percentage is amazing.

Given the team speed deltas, I'm hoping that utah can make it to the corners on the options and not end up w/ 3rd and longs. TCU took that from them, but I don't see byu doing the same.

Who figures this stuff out?
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
    X