Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU vs. SDSU

Fairly sloppy game thus far.

Line of the night: "Tavernari plays like he's allergic to paint, he needs to get to the lane sometimes." (paraphrasing).
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I can't watch this anymore.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I turn on the game and BYU has just finished an 8-0 run and then as usual the team somehow senses that I now have Directv and am watching them play. They immediately stop playing and are subjected to a 20-2 run. I apologize.

Comment

Ugh.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

They are playing with zero urgency, zero heart and zero teamwork.

7 straight possessions went like this:

JT fade away jumper from 18 ft miss
          Jimmer Fredette floater in the lane blocked
          Chris Miles 5 foot jump hook bricked hard off the back iron
          Chris Miles 15 foot face up jumper (WTF!)
          Jimmer Fredette bricked three
          Jackson Emery bricked three
          Charles Abouo missed layup

Well done so far BYU. Maybe if you get lucky you can host an NIT game.
          *Banned*

Comment

Can we officially say now that this team is not better without Plaisted?

Comment

That was a pathetic second ten minutes of the first half.

This BYU team is too easy to defend. A lot of it is lack of a legitimate inside scoring threat.

Comment

I can't believe we just took the lead with 5 minutes left.

Hang on to this for once, guys. The zone is really working here.

Comment

Unreal. We needed that.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Dave Rose just proved how good of a coach he actually is. Great call going to the zone, by far the biggest win of the season and maybe the biggest of the Dave Rose era.

I was bitching about this team lacking heart, boy was I wrong. Jimmer I can live with all of your turnovers if you play like that. Noah Hartsock was big for the team as well on the glass.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

Good win Cougs.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        Dave Rose just proved how good of a coach he actually is. Great call going to the zone, by far the biggest win of the season and maybe the biggest of the Dave Rose era.

I was bitching about this team lacking heart, boy was I wrong. Jimmer I can live with all of your turnovers if you play like that. Noah Hartsock was big for the team as well on the glass.
                        Noah was excellent tonight. I'm not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

Benching Miles and going to the zone were the two main adjustments. Great job by Rose and great job by Jimmer in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            Benching Miles and going to the zone were the two main adjustments. Great job by Rose and great job by Jimmer in the second half.
                            San Diego State looked like they had never seen a zone defense before. The recipe to defeat them should we face them tourney time?
                            *Banned*

Comment

I look away from Gamecast to confer with a client for a few minutes and bam-Jimmer goes wild. Huge win tonight for the Cougs. If we play the way that we should the rest of the way this really helps our chances of going to the dance.

Comment

Working...
                              X