No announcement yet.

What will happen on/before September 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen on/before September 1?

Post your prediction.
    BYU goes independent; joins WAC for non-football sports
    35.09%
    BYU goes independent; joins WCC or no other conference
    10.53%
    BYU stays with the MWC, with an altered TV arrangement
    28.07%
    Nothing.
    21.05%
    Other (explain)
    5.26%
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Originally posted by All-American View Post
    Post your prediction.
    The MWC will throw BYU a bone of some kind, but won't give BYU anything near what it hoped for. My guess is it will allow BYU control over its non-conference home games, as well as working out a joint agreement with Utah/Pac-10 to ensure the Holy War is on ESPN as well. Maximum of three games on The Mtn. in any year.

Comment

Other: BYU goes independent in football, all other sports to C-USA.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
        The MWC will throw BYU a bone of some kind, but won't give BYU anything near what it hoped for. My guess is it will allow BYU control over its non-conference home games, as well as working out a joint agreement with Utah/Pac-10 to ensure the Holy War is on ESPN as well. Maximum of three games on The Mtn. in any year.
        If so, do you think negotiations continue? I expect that if nothing happens on September 1, that just pushes back the timetable, but not the ultimate objectives.

Comment

How many threads do we need about this subject?
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Does BamaCoug post here? I need a place to flame his post over at CB.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
              I am pretty sure that would be more than BYU hopes for from the MWC if they were to stay.

Comment

I will turn 41

BYU will stay in MWC w/ concessions, the sum of which will be less than what was hoped for.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

If so, do you think negotiations continue? I expect that if nothing happens on September 1, that just pushes back the timetable, but not the ultimate objectives.
                  I don't know what represents BYU's absolute-musts in all of this. We hear about increased exposure, but how does BYU want to quantify that? We hear about more money, but do we really know how much more is the minimum benchmark?

BYU isn't going to get everything it wants from ESPN, and from what I've read, BYU thinks far more of itself than ESPN does in terms of sheer value in the CFB market. If the "bone" represents a tripling of BYU's TV money annually, into the $5-$6 million per year range, I don't know how much more BYU could get out of the MWC -- especially with the "bone" I drew up. I think BYU would jump at that opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    How many threads do we need about this subject?
                    As many as it takes.

Comment

I'm afraid BYU will do this WAC thing come hell or high water.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        I'm afraid BYU will do this WAC thing come hell or high water.
                        Come on Jay! It'll be awesome! Home and away series with awesome teams like Idaho, New Mexico State, San Jose State and, if we're lucky even Louisiana Tech will get in on the action!
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

As many as it takes.
                          As many as it takes for what?
                          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                            As many as it takes for what?
                            You got it.

Comment

is there enough time to get a deal done by tuesday night? i know they have been working on this for several weeks now (since the fresno/nevada defections) but it seems pretty complicated to get this done unless there is terrific cooperation between the WAC, BYU and a few more schools that are going to join the WAC.

Or, maybe BYU will just announce independence and work out the details after the announcement, which doesn't seem as likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X