X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The staying in the MWC expansion groundswell

This thread sucks.

It's all yours SU.

I wouldn't mind. It's not like anything has really changed. Everyone hates us and we then proceed to defeat all of them but TCU on the field of play. That's become pretty much a routine for the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      I wouldn't mind. It's not like anything has really changed. Everyone hates us and we then proceed to defeat all of them but TCU on the field of play. That's become pretty much a routine for the last few years.
      Sure, but then what do we do with this beauty?

FM already has an RV.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Just like I think going independent is a short term move, I think staying in the MWC would be a short term move. Hair may win the battle, but BYU will win the war.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Sure, but then what do we do with this beauty?
          You could use it to store all of your "Quest For Independence!" t-shirts until next year.

Comment

Can someone make a good case for staying with the status quo? Especially with FSU and Nevada coming into the conference? I have a hard time seeing much of an upside, beyond the seeming security of being in a conference. Is that security worth the lost revenues and lack of distribution rights?

Well, I would miss Wyoming. I like playing them. Their hate for us is very appealing.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Can someone make a good case for staying with the status quo? Especially with FSU and Nevada coming into the conference? I have a hard time seeing much of an upside, beyond the seeming security of being in a conference. Is that security worth the lost revenues and lack of distribution rights?

Well, I would miss Wyoming. I like playing them. Their hate for us is very appealing.
              In football? No.

When you add basketball into the mix, yes someone can make a good case. The marginal benefits of being independent do not outweigh the what it does to the basketball program.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

So, big announcement coming from MWC and CUSA tonight, apparently. Joint conference championship game?

schadjoe Joe Schad
                MWC-CUSA joint announcement tonight
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  So, big announcement coming from MWC and CUSA tonight, apparently. Joint conference championship game?
                  Chances the winner gets an auto-bid?

Doesn't this basically become the first Super Conference?
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post

that would suck. We leave and they get an auto bid...
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post

I can't see them getting an auto bid. I think they leave it with the Big East if it manages to find enough teams to stay together.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Holy crap! I just read about the merger. Good luck with that guys. 22 teams?!?!?
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                          Holy crap! I just read about the merger. Good luck with that guys. 22 teams?!?!?
                          12. 22. Whatever it takes.
                          There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                          Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
                          And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Ok, just read up on this. It's not a merger. Both conferences will continue to play a MWC or CUSA conference schedule with the respective champions meeting for the coveted Alliance Championship presented by TBD.

So anyway, Viva The Alliance! Or whatever.
                            There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                            Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
                            And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                              Ok, just read up on this. It's not a merger. Both conferences will continue to play a MWC or CUSA conference schedule with the respective champions meeting for the coveted Alliance Championship presented by TBD.

So anyway, Viva The Alliance! Or whatever.

Sounds like their is some schedule pact too. Mostly to cut out BYU from access to cusa teams. Bastards!

Comment

Working...
                              X