Big Ten Conference Allignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ten Conference Allignment

Looks like Iowa and Wisconsin are not going to be in the same conference. It will be interesting to see how they divide it up..

Link:
    [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5498692"]Report: Wisconsin Badgers, Iowa Hawkeyes in opposing divisions - ESPN[/ame]

Bummer...that's one of my favorite mini-rivalries.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I went to this game twice, once in each city. We lived halfway between the two Universities in Southern Minnesota and the Gophers were never any good so I sort of began enjoying Wisconsin football. (Early 90's) Big 10 football is a fun event. (BTW, I've never been to "City" )
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        I went to this game twice, once in each city. We lived halfway between the two Universities in Southern Minnesota and the Gophers were never any good so I sort of began enjoying Wisconsin football. (Early 90's) Big 10 football is a fun event. (BTW, I've never been to "City" )
        Wisconsin is a fun stadium. The Jump Around is very cool. Ohio State plays there this year at night. That game will eb fun to watch..

Nice crack on Columbus. You should come to "City" sometime. The atmoshpere is one that you will never forget.. As DDD or the other fellows who made the trip for the USC game... It was like no other place...

Comment

Mother Effer!!!!!

OSU and Michigan to be in separate Divisions. And more than likely will not have their rivalry game in Nov. I think this is so wrong.. They should of stayed in the same Division and been the last game prior to the Conference Championship Game..

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5519832"]Big Ten Conference to split Ohio State Buckeyes, Michigan Wolverines, sources say - ESPN[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            Mother Effer!!!!!

OSU and Michigan to be in separate Divisions. And more than likely will not have their rivalry game in Nov. I think this is so wrong.. They should of stayed in the same Division and been the last game prior to the Conference Championship Game..

Big Ten Conference to split Ohio State Buckeyes, Michigan Wolverines, sources say - ESPN

makes sense to me, Would you want the two division champs playing the week before they play again? That would be a possibility and would ruin the CCG ratings. If played around when OU UT play, then the rematch has time to build.

Comment

Mother Effer!!!!!

Big Ten Conference to split Ohio State Buckeyes, Michigan Wolverines, sources say - ESPN
              I wonder what there reasoning for this was? I keep hearing that this will ensure that Michigan and Ohio State will meet in the championship game a lot. It doesn't make sense to me though. What division does PSU and Nebraska end up in?

Comment

why do espn links show up as video in the posts I view., like the initial post of this thread. I don't have a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  makes sense to me, Would you want the two division champs playing the week before they play again? That would be a possibility and would ruin the CCG ratings.
                  The only exception to this would've been 2007. I would've really enjoyed a rematch then.
                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Well. Now I am really confused?? They split them into different divisions, but kept their game last??

I am not sure what to think.. The thought that they could end up playing two games in a row is not appealing to me either. I think it would of been best to keep them in the same division and play last..

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...t.html?sid=101

Poll on the way they split the divisions:
                    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...2.html?sid=101

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                      The only exception to this would've been 2007. I would've really enjoyed a rematch then.
                      Yeah. That would of been good.

Comment

FYI: By the looks of it. OSU in 2012 will have an interesting schedule. They will play both Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Michigan that season.....

Comment

Mother Effer!!!!!

nah this way they will still play every year (just sooner) and will also have a chance for a rematch in the championship game. I think it adds to the rivalry.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Big Ten sucks.

Their new logo is hideous and the names of the divisions are horrible.

Big Ten names new divisions Legends, Leaders - ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              Big Ten sucks.

Their new logo is hideous and the names of the divisions are horrible.

Big Ten names new divisions Legends, Leaders - ESPN
                              Huh? They replaced the "I" with a "1", but they didn't secretly put another 0, 1, or 2 to let people know how many teams are really in the conference?

The most embarrassing thing is that they paid someone to come up with this crap logo.

Comment

Working...
                              X