Why would BYU look to WAC before MWC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would BYU look to WAC before MWC?

What are the obvious reasons BYU would start negotiating with the WAC before the MWC (assuming that's what happened)? I can't think of any.

ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
      What are the obvious reasons BYU would start negotiating with the WAC before the MWC (assuming that's what happened)? I can't think of any.
      That's like telling your wife you'd like to go back to dating a few other people, but hope she'll stay married to you.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Are you asking about the sequence of negotiations?
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

The MWC requires its members to participate in football and basketball. Independence under the current foundational documentation is not a possibility. I'm not sure what the amendment process would entail.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
            The MWC requires its members to participate in football and basketball. Independence under the current foundational documentation is not a possibility. I'm not sure what the amendment process would entail.
            This is what I was looking for, thanks.

Comment

This is what I was looking for, thanks.
              Here's an article which explains it:

http://gazetteafasports.freedomblogg...solution/6391/

Letting BYU’s other sports stay in the Mountain West while football competes as an independent isn’t an option. The league’s constitution bylaws state that every conference member has to compete in four core sports: football, volleyball, men’s and women’s basketball.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

[YOUTUBE]BWiJ1ltQeEY[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

That's a pretty bad assumption. It is well known that BYU has been trying to work around the MTN deal for a long time. Dick Harmon's recent article went into some depth regarding this.
                  http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ling-over.html

Then one day, not too long ago, BYU sent a smart lawyer type to Denver to review the actual contract. He found a loophole that non-home games could be broadcast by each school and that led to BYU-TV broadcasting neutral site games at the EnergySolutions Arena and preseason games in Las Vegas.

Still, issues remained. BYU complained for redress. The commissioner's office, in my opinion, gave the complaints lip service with a few MWC presidents that BYU was seeking an unfair advantage. Silly BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Utah
                    Curious, I thought the line was "I don't wanna lose your love, tonight."

Speaking of misheard lyrics, I was found a YouTube video the other night with the lyrics to Steve Miller Band's "Jet Airliner." The video's creator had misheard the words "big ol jet airliner" in the chorus as "we go jam at a lighthouse." I still laugh thinking about it.

You mishear a lot of stuff. Like at one time you must have misheard that we care what you think about BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      That's like telling your wife you'd like to go back to dating a few other people, but hope she'll stay married to you.
                      To be fair, we were looking for more of a sister wife scenario. The first wife could still have all our other sports. I have it on good authority that the Prophet was all for it!

and I'll add my favorite misheard lyrics video

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLd22ha_-VU"]YouTube- MISHEARD LYRICS - Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter[/nomedia]

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        You mishear a lot of stuff. Like at one time you must have misheard that we care what you think about BYU.
                        Um, wow. Really? Feel better?
                        Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                        Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                        Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          To be fair, we were looking for more of a sister wife scenario. The first wife could still have all our other sports. I have it on good authority that the Prophet was all for it!

and I'll add my favorite misheard lyrics video

YouTube- MISHEARD LYRICS - Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter
                          Utah did settle for sister wife status and in a way it's nice to see BYU assert it's first wife status ... not everyone can be a first wife.

Comment

Working...
                          X