Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresno's Perspective

http://fresnobeehive.com/sportsbuzz/...the_mount.html
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Wow, nice reference to the Second Punic War there.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

BYU's woes don't end there. What about the $5 million that Fresno State, in theory, must pay to depart the WAC?
      Read more: http://fresnobeehive.com/sportsbuzz/...#ixzz0xXrUbe5x

Haha - in "theory." We don't even know if this $5M thing is real!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I can understand how some outside of BYU might think we have acted in a way indicating we lack integrity and honor.

Does anyone on here think I am calling BYU and the church dirty for saying that?

Comment

Andy Katz, who's one of the better sports journalists out there, used to work for the Fresno Bee. The Hannibal reference was pretty good. This guy is slightly delusional in thinking that BYU is salivating at the prospect of collecting anything from Fresno State's $5 million.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

A possible out for Fresno and Nevada

According to the text of the resolution passed on Aug 13

9. In the event that no written agreement is executed by BYU on or before September 1, 2010, which agreement will include the obligations contained in paragraphs 3-6 of this Resolution and any additional provisions agreed to by this Board, then this Resolution is terminated.
            So if there isn't a written agreement by BYU on or before 9/1 then Fresno St and Nevada don't have to pay the 5 million? Am I reading that right?
            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
              A possible out for Fresno and Nevada

According to the text of the resolution passed on Aug 13

So if there isn't a written agreement by BYU on or before 9/1 then Fresno St and Nevada don't have to pay the 5 million? Am I reading that right?
              Yes, it does look like if BYU doesn't follow through and write up the agreement then this MOU will become void. So what holds these WAC teams to staying for two more years? I guessing something in the bylaws.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                Yes, it does look like if BYU doesn't follow through and write up the agreement then this MOU will become void. So what holds these WAC teams to staying for two more years? I guessing something in the bylaws.
                Fresno and unr played this perfectly. Utah st needed a better lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                  Fresno and unr played this perfectly. Utah st needed a better lawyer
                  What is stopping BYU from writing up the agreement before September 1st still? Two years may be all BYU needs while they are waiting for their Big 12 invite.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                    What is stopping BYU from writing up the agreement before September 1st still? Two years may be all BYU needs while they are waiting for their Big 12 invite.
                    Nothing, I'd guess. It would be a nice way to get some payback against Fresno and Nevada though. :devil:
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Nothing, I'd guess. It would be a nice way to get some payback against Fresno and Nevada though. :devil:
                      Payback? More like piling on. Fresno's merely even now with BYU for initially keeping it out of the MWC when it formed in 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                        Payback? More like piling on. Fresno's merely even now with BYU for initially keeping it out of the MWC when it formed in 1998.
                        Even? We were trying to JOIN them! In a sense, anyway.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Even? We were trying to JOIN them! In a sense, anyway.
                          You weren't really trying to join them by remaining independent in football. Now you'll be BFF's once you're both in the MWC starting next week for what should be a long and joyous relationship.

As silly as it was for USU to trust BYU, it was equally silly for BYU to trust Fresno.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Ute View Post

As silly as it was for USU to trust BYU, it was equally silly for BYU to trust Fresno.
                            BYU didnt breach any representation to USU, you midguided yewt, Fresno breached its representation ot USU. USU simply acted in the manner to which the WAC schools had agreed.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              BYU didnt breach any representation to USU, you midguided yewt, Fresno breached its representation ot USU. USU simply acted in the manner to which the WAC schools had agreed.
                              Pardon me. USU was silly to trust BYU's plan and that the rest of the WAC schools would go along with it.

USU wasn't deceived by BYU's actions, but through a plan BYU orchestrated that had no chance of working.

Comment

Working...
                              X