Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be Utah's starting QB in 2010-11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be Utah's starting QB in 2010-11?

eom
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Is there a QB controversy at Utah or something?

Comment

I haven't really followed this too closely, but I have heard from a lot of people that Terrance Cain is looking incredible in practice so far. If it were an open competition, he would be they guy over Wynn.

But the coaches are committed to Wynn and he definitely justified their confidence in him with the way he played last season.

It would be funny if the Utes are the team that ends up having a QB controversy after a few games. It could happen -- you never know.

Comment

All I remember about Cain from last season is that (1) he kept putting the ball on the ground and seemed very lucky not to see that tendency turn into game-losing disasters, and (2) he could not throw long. Other than that I just loved watching him quarterback the Utes.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Is this a serious thread? Cain may be doing well in fall camp but isn't that what happened last year? I think Wynn has the ability to be a dangerous QB. He had moments of brilliance last year. Cain looked horrible in the big games last year.

Comment

A lot of people have said that not only is Cain playing very well right now but Wynn has looked like he has regressed so far in camp. Should be interesting.
            *Banned*

Comment

Once you have faced the crossroads and veered from the status quo, can you just go back?
              http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread...nn+whittingham
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Wynn is the guy unless there's an injury.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Saturday scrimmage numbers:

Cain 14-18 227 yards 2 TDs
                  Wynn 9-20 147 yards 1 TD 2 Ints
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Saturday scrimmage numbers:

Cain 14-18 227 yards 2 TDs
                    Wynn 9-20 147 yards 1 TD 2 Ints
                    Based on those numbers it sure looks like Cain is able.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                      Based on those numbers it sure looks like Cain is able.
                      But last year he showed he cain't hold onto the ball and cain't throw it long.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                        But last year he showed he cain't hold onto the ball and cain't throw it long.
                        The other QB isn't looking like he can either wynn he isn't roiding up.

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                          Is this a serious thread? Cain may be doing well in fall camp but isn't that what happened last year? I think Wynn has the ability to be a dangerous QB. He had moments of brilliance last year. Cain looked horrible in the big games last year.
                          I'd take 7-up-and-1-down-horrible thank you very much. Cain's 3 issues in no particular order are his deep ball, ball security, and progressions. He seems to have addressed the progressions issue in fall camp and who knows about the ball security. Unless he suddenly got John Elway's arm as a senior I don't think there is anything to do about his deep ball. He's a very capable QB IMO.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Is Wynn still working out with Taylor Lautner?
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              I'd take 7-up-and-1-down-horrible thank you very much. Cain's 3 issues in no particular order are his deep ball, ball security, and progressions. He seems to have addressed the progressions issue in fall camp and who knows about the ball security. Unless he suddenly got John Elway's arm as a senior I don't think there is anything to do about his deep ball. He's a very capable QB IMO.
                              Cain was hurt by Asiata's injury as well. Without the inside power running game, the safeties were able to shade more to the slant/hook zone, which made the passing windows on the short passes that much more difficult to complete. I still contend that if Asaita stayed healthy, Cain would have finished the year and Wynn would have redshirt.
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                              X