Michael, Gabriel and Raphael ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael, Gabriel and Raphael ...

Can someone give me a run down on the archangels ... more specifically, information on Rafael?

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    Can someone give me a run down on the archangels ... more specifically, information on Rafael?
    Michael of course is adam

gabriel is Noah

Rafael I have no idea. I did some quick reading on wiki but still have no idea
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
      Rafael I have no idea. I did some quick reading on wiki but still have no idea
      Wasn't he responsible for the creation of a desert in Utah?
      sigpic
      "Outlined against a blue, gray
      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

I always thought that Raphael was Enoch.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          I always thought that Raphael was Enoch.
          That's what I was thinking also but ... there were seven archangels, do each possess keys of a different dispensation?

Comment

That's what I was thinking also but ... there were seven archangels, do each possess keys of a different dispensation?
            Enoch speaks of 4 angels. Were the 7 simply Christian tradition?
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Enoch speaks of 4 angels. Were the 7 simply Christian tradition?
              I think Christian tradition only tells of 3 ... at least our scriptures only mention the 3 I listed in my first post.

Comment

Here's the Catholic point-of-view:

Michael
                Gabriel
                Raphael

The seven angels in the Book of Enoch are: Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Raguel, Saraqâêl, and Remiel, although the Catholic encyclopedia lists a few alternatives.

Joseph Smith taught that Noah was Gabriel, but I don't know where/if there's a scripture to that effect: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.js...____&hideNav=1 (2nd paragraph & note 1)
                Last edited by Solon; 02-24-2009, 06:07 AM.
                "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post

Michael
                  Gabriel
                  Raphael

The seven angels in the Book of Enoch are: Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Raguel, Saraqâêl, and Remiel, although the Catholic encyclopedia lists a few alternatives.

Joseph Smith taught that Noah was Gabriel, but I don't know where/if there's a scripture to that effect: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.js...____&hideNav=1 (2nd paragraph & note 1)
                  Didn't Enoch have a vision of the archangels, but saw 4 that were greater, 1 on each side of the Lord praising him? Was Uriel the 4th one? I know little about the hierarchy of angels. These are just faint memories that I seem to recall.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post

Michael
                    Gabriel
                    Raphael

Great links.

Comment

Working...
                    X