A terrible realization about BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A terrible realization about BYU

One of the most interesting things about the recent development is learning that Cougarboard really is a reflection of the mentality of BYU's leadership. It's a terrible realization.

Let's all be honest with ourselves, okay? BYU going independent is not based on any rational due dilligence. It's just a demonstration of its monstrous insecurity. BYU can't bear to be in a lesser conference than Utah. BYU is acting out like a child. BYU is as immature as a five year old.

Also, this flaky behavior only reinforces the concerns that have kept BYU out of a big conference. It can't help BYU get into the Big 12. BYU will make itself a laughingstock of the nation before this is over.

For starters, I'm sure every school in the MWC and the WAC hates BYU.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

I'm uncertain about who is acting like a five year-old. Can you clarify again?
    "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      Yeah like that's new.

Comment

One of the most interesting things about the recent development is learning that Cougarboard really is a reflection of the mentality of BYU's leadership. It's a terrible realization.

Let's all be honest with ourselves, okay? BYU going independent is not based on any rational due dilligence. It's just a demonstration of its monstrous insecurity. BYU can't bear to be in a lesser conference than Utah. BYU is acting out like a child. BYU is as immature as a five year old.

Also, this flaky behavior only reinforces the concerns that has kept BYU out of a big conference. It can't help BYU get into the Big 12. BYU will make itself a laughingstock of the nation before this is over.
        Exactly because BYU just started building this multi-million dollar broadcast facility this past June when they heard Utah was going to the Pac-10, they also just recently bought a 50 million dollar HD truck none of this was in the works until Utah got that Pac-10 invite. We can not stand that Utah is going to the Pac-10 so lets go out and blow hundreds of millions just to keep up with a team who has a smaller fan base, less tradition and dick head fans.

Good call SU you have BYU pegged once again.
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          Yeah like that's new.
          I'm glad the Utes won't ever be in a conference with BYU again. BYU is someone else's problem, forever. I wonder how many other people are feeling that way today?
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I'm glad the Utes won't ever be in a conference with BYU again. BYU is someone else's problem, forever. I wonder how many other people are feeling that way today?
            Like this is a new feeling for you?
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I am sure you are also one of the people that does not want the rivalry to continue, tired of getting your ass kicked?
              *Banned*

Comment

SU, that must have been terrible for you to realize.

Comment

SU, please keep these observations in the Independent Groundswell thread for future reference. TIA.

Comment

Also, this flaky behavior only reinforces the concerns that have kept BYU out of a big conference. It can't help BYU get into the Big 12. BYU will make itself a laughingstock of the nation before this is over.

Have you done your rational due diligence to back up a statement like that?
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Exactly because BYU just started building this multi-million dollar broadcast facility this past June when they heard Utah was going to the Pac-10, they also just recently bought a 50 million dollar HD truck none of this was in the works until Utah got that Pac-10 invite. We can not stand that Utah is going to the Pac-10 so lets go out and blow hundreds of millions just to keep up with a team who has a smaller fan base, less tradition and dick head fans.
                      Holy crap, they built that stuff fast. That is impressive. And c'mon, not all Ute fans are 'dick heads', thats just mean.

Comment

Good call SU you have BYU pegged once again.
                        You are a very angry person.

BTW, in case you haven't bothered to look around at a BYU game, BYU also has plenty of dick head fans and very little tradition.

You do win the larger fan base smack. Congratulations.

Edit: To be fair to cj, there seem to be a lot of angry people posting in this thread.

I'm glad football season is here. Talking about the actual game will be a welcome change.
                        Last edited by Portland Ute; 08-20-2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                          You are a very angry person.

BTW, in case you haven't bothered to look around at a BYU game, BYU also has plenty of dick head fans and very little tradition.

You do win the larger fan base smack. Congratulations.
                          If BYU has very little tradition what do you consider Utah to have?

Don't feel angry about the dick head commented, you were definitely included in the group.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Don't feel angry about the dick head commented, you were definitely included in the group.
                            He's going to Cancun next week, cut him some slack.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I never claimed Utah to have great tradition. Nor a national fanbase. Nor 14 million fans world-wide.

I don't think Utah has anything more than an above average tradition at this point. BYU's is slightly better.

See, I can admit BYU has a better tradition. Can you, cj, ever admit that Utah is better at something or in a better position?

Why the name calling? YOu don't even know me, man.

If it makes you feel any better, I think BYU comes out of this in a better position than they were in 2 weeks ago. I think BYU lands on it's feet. I see why BYU did what they did. I feel bad about all the collateral damage, but since Utah's not part of the scorched earth, I really don't care that much.

Dickhead? Man. SO harsh.

Comment

Working...
                              X