BYU owes USU a favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU owes USU a favor

Most of you will probably disagree with this, but in my opinion BYU now needs to stay in the MWC and work on getting Thompson to extend an invite to USU again. I have a sneaky suspicion that USU would accept now that the WAC is essentially dissolved. USU stayed true to their agreement and now BYU should help little brother out.

Screw going Indy now. The WCC is a horrible idea. Good basketball competition but if any of you have been to any of the venues it is small time...very small time. The new MWC is much much better for hoops and all other sports.

As a fan I am about competition and don't really care about football TV money however I do see the the lure of the short term financial windfall that football indy can provide.

However, Tthe church has the wealth to look at this long term and the MTN deal will not last forever. When it is expires look for ESPN to come in and they will not be negotiating from a position of strength this time around.

Don't be rash BYU. Think about the big picture if you fuck the rest of your athletic programs for some short term cash it hurts the image of the school overall. It really does.
    Last edited by Flystripper; 08-20-2010, 07:51 AM.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

Don't be rash BYU. Think about the big picture if you fuck the rest of your athletic programs for some short term cash it hurts the image of the school overall. It really does.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I'm starting to agree with you. Unless the WAC can figure out a way to snatch up UNLV and SDSU, they're going to need to stay in the MWC. Independence will always be available. They definitely need to fight to get USU in the conference.
      "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
      —Abraham Maslow

Comment

I'm all for BYU making football and basketball concessions to USU.

USU showed they deserve our respect.

Comment

I'd be for doing USU a solid and giving them a football and basketball game every year, but stay in the MWC? Eff that.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

If USU is your first choice, why wouldn't they be your third. This is part of the reason I am not sold on this TV rights/Houston rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              I'd be for doing USU a solid and giving them a football and basketball game every year, but stay in the MWC? Eff that.
              why?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                If USU is your first choice, why wouldn't they be your third. This is part of the reason I am not sold on this TV rights/Houston rumor.
                I believe the MWC went after those schools that BYU planned on playing regularly in football as an independent. At least that is the rumor that I've heard. BYU had several years of home and home planned with these three.

It really was a move to thwart BYU that isn't necessary now.

Comment

Why doesn't BYU just join the Big 12? That would seem like the best option.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                    I believe the MWC went after those schools that BYU planned on playing regularly in football as an independent. At least that is the rumor that I've heard. BYU had several years of home and home planned with these three.

It really was a move to thwart BYU that isn't necessary now.
                    Yep the MWC tried to screw BYU. BYU had a home and home with USU, Fresno St., Nevada and Hawaii.

The MWC tried to dick us and force our hand, screw them we do not need that shitty conference or its members.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      why?
                      Uh, it's the Mountain West Conference and it just got diluted. The conference was 3 on the Bristol Stool Chart and is now a 6 with the addition of UNR and FSU and encroaching on 7.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        Why doesn't BYU just join the Big 12? That would seem like the best option.
                        You just need patients.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Uh, it's the Mountain West Conference and it just got diluted. The conference was 3 on the Bristol Stool Chart and is now a 6 with the addition of UNR and FSU and encroaching on 7.
                          adding USU gets it to 12...a championship game is needed to help with the dilution a little. If BYU is stayin' they need to do USU a solid.

Comment

I expect BYU to be about as grateful and loyal to Utah State as it has been to Wyoming, which also destroyed itself doing BYU a favor.

I have no pity for Utah State. This is what Utah State gets for pandering to BYU. Now shrivel up and die, Utah State. Utah State, now that you're stuck in a gutted WAC, is BYU going to do anything for you?
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              I expect BYU to be about as grateful and loyal to Utah State as it has been to Wyoming, which also destroyed itself doing BYU a favor.

I have no pity for Utah State. This is what Utah State gets for pandering to BYU. Now shrivel up and die, Utah State. Utah State, now that you're stuck in a gutted WAC, is BYU going to do anything for you?
                              why the passionate hate for little brother?

Comment

Working...
                              X