Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresno St. accepts invitation to join MWC.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresno St. accepts invitation to join MWC.....

Very interesting, this is being reported by the Fresno Bee. Why would they jump now? Especially after signing that 5 year agreement last week this move will cost them 5 million dollars.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Very interesting, this is being reported by the Fresno Bee. Why would they jump now?
    Becasue they hate mormons. Especialyl mormon Gymnasts.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Very interesting, this is being reported by the Fresno Bee. Why would they jump now?
      Because it's a better football conference.
      There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
      Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
      And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

No idiot, it's to avenge that humiliating NM Bowl loss @ the hands of the Pokes. Duh.
        There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
        Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
        And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

So what happens if Fresno and Nevada go to the MWC? That would leave the WAC a 6 football team conference which isn't viable. Where would we play our non football sports? Maybe independence isn't the right move anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
            So what happens if Fresno and Nevada go to the MWC? That would leave the WAC a 6 football team conference which isn't viable. Where would we play our non football sports? Maybe independence isn't the right move anymore.
            Why can't we still play the same WAC teams we were going to play? I guess there's no conference to compete in, which takes a lot of the luster off for the non-revenue sports, I imagine.
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
              Why can't we still play the same WAC teams we were going to play? I guess there's no conference to compete in, which takes a lot of the luster off for the non-revenue sports, I imagine.
              Yeah, I'd be pissed if I was a coach or player in any sport but football. The next few days will be interesting to see how this all unfolds. BYU just may end up looking like asses when this is all said and done.

Comment

Very interesting, this is being reported by the Fresno Bee. Why would they jump now? Especially after signing that 5 year agreement last week this move will cost them 5 million dollars.
                According to Drew, Nevada did not sign the $5M exit clause agreement.

The Reno Gazette Journal just reported that Nevada did not sign the $5 million buyout clause that WAC commissioner Karl Benson asked it to sign last week. No word yet out of Fresno if the Bulldogs signed.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                X