Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collie only runs a 4.55 at the combine.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collie only runs a 4.55 at the combine.........

about what I expected but his dad really hard on BYU and said that Collie had shaved a lot of time off his 40. He must have been really slow at BYU then.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    about what I expected but his dad really hard on BYU and said that Collie had shaved a lot of time off his 40. He must have been really slow at BYU then.
    Was that the official time? I saw that as his time, but the official numbers were all about .05 slower.

Anyway, I think a 4.55 for him is good.

I love how they keep ragging on Jaison Williams saying he's working his way to tackle with his hands. It's pretty funny. But poor guy, that has to be embarrassing and frustrating. Patrick Turner is huge.

John Parker Wilson needs to cut that mop. After ever toss he has jerk his head to get those flowing bangs out of his eyes. That haircut down in Bama needs to be outlawed. WTF.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

That's what I expected and I think he's done well for himself at the combine.

Comment

Collie ran in the high 4.6's last summer.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
          Collie ran in the high 4.6's last summer.
          I think the 40 time is a stat that people place too much emphasis on. Speed is good, but does you little good if you can't catch or tackle. Collie is going to get screwed on draft day, and then surprise people when he turns into Wes Welker II.
          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            I love how they keep ragging on Jaison Williams saying he's working his way to tackle with his hands. It's pretty funny. But poor guy, that has to be embarrassing and frustrating.
            I honestly don't know why he was even invited. The guy was pathetic the last two years. If he had average hands he would have been an All-American.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              I honestly don't know why he was even invited. The guy was pathetic the last two years. If he had average hands he would have been an All-American.
              Watching him run the gauntlet today was sad. When he was running routes for the QBs it wasn't any better.
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

The only person more underwhelming than Jaison Williams was Mark Sanchez. Every ball he threw today was underthrown.

He really struggled but of course none of the analysts dared say anything about it.

Also Michael Thomas ran a 4.3 40 but has Stone hands.
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
                  I think the 40 time is a stat that people place too much emphasis on. Speed is good, but does you little good if you can't catch or tackle. Collie is going to get screwed on draft day, and then surprise people when he turns into Wes Welker II.
                  Collie had the slowest 40 time in his group and was among the bottom third overall out of the receivers.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Collie had the slowest 40 time in his group and was among the bottom third overall out of the receivers.
                    The thing is Collie did really well in the 3 cone shuttle and bench press. And most think he'll be a possession receiver where his quickness, route running, strength, and hands will serve him.

Nobody expects him to be split out wide as a deep threat where the 40 time is more of a factor.

He'll be a late second day pick or FA. I can see him hanging on a team but it will be tough for him. Part of me wonders if he should have stayed another year just because this years receivers class is deep.
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      The thing is Collie did really well in the 3 cone shuttle and bench press. And most think he'll be a possession receiver where his quickness, route running, strength, and hands will serve him.

Nobody expects him to be split out wide as a deep threat where the 40 time is more of a factor.

He'll be a late second day pick or FA. I can see him hanging on a team but it will be tough for him. Part of me wonders if he should have stayed another year just because this years receivers class is deep.
                      You are correct I just looked and he was top 5 in the 3 cone drill and top 3 overall at the combine in the 60 yard shuttle.

Also is anyone else surprised Ian Johnson ran 4.46 in the 40? The second fastest of the running backs. That guy always seemed slow to me.
                      *Banned*

Comment

This is pretty funny, this is the NFL evaluation of Collie on NFL.com

Analysis
                        Positives: Legitimate NFL build. Muscled up athlete. Faster on the field than his rather pedestrian 40-yard dash time would indicate. Good initial quickness off the snap. Good hand usage and lateral quickness to gain a quick release against press coverage. Sharp, savvy route-runner. Varies his speeds and can sink his hips to generate separation. Good burst laterally. Works his way back to the ball if he sees his quarterback in trouble. Soft hands. Snatches the ball out of the air and is quick to put it away. Can track over either shoulder. Good elusiveness to make the first defender miss and strength to run through arm tackles. Good vision and will cut it back inside. May lack elite deep speed, but good early acceleration. Averaged 26.5 yards per kick return from 2007-08.

Negatives: Questionable deep speed to challenge over the top. Will be older than most NFL rookies (24) due to his LDS mission. Questionable level of competition. Statistics inflated due to BYU's scheme and defenses keying on TE Dennis Pitta.
                        *Banned*

Comment

You are correct I just looked and he was top 5 in the 3 cone drill and top 3 overall at the combine in the 60 yard shuttle.

Also is anyone else surprised Ian Johnson ran 4.46 in the 40? The second fastest of the running backs. That guy always seemed slow to me.
                          Yeah I watched his 40 yard runs. Blown away at how smooth he was too. He seemed like a power back. That has to boost his stock quite a bit.
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Where are you getting all the numbers from? When I look on NFL.com it only shows the leaders for each group.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              Where are you getting all the numbers from? When I look on NFL.com it only shows the leaders for each group.
                              I've been watching the combine most of the day. It's tough multitasking right now though. Laker game, Cavs game, Oscars, Combine, CUF, talking to Gidget on the phone.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X