Interesting that BYU AND ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting that BYU AND ESPN

will be making the announcement...........if true..........about independence. Sounds like that new little building at BYU will do wonders for BYU and BYU athletics. Pretty brilliant move.

Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
    will be making the announcement...........if true..........about independence. Sounds like that new little building at BYU will do wonders for BYU and BYU athletics. Pretty brilliant move.
    And a good use of tithing funds. Thanks LA Ute, MRD, and other ALUFs (including all those widows) for making BYU's football independence an economic reality!
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
      And a good use of tithing funds. Thanks LA Ute, MRD, and other ALUFs (including all those widows) for making BYU's football independence an economic reality!
      I resent that you think I am Active LDS.

Just Kidding.

BTW do I thank all the Utah resident byu fans for help (taxes) getting Rice Eccles stadium to be top notch?
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
        I'm waiting for the decision to come. I can see it now. A nice interview with Tom Holmoe and Holly Rowe, talking about football, what the MWC has meant to us, followed by Holmoe gracefully looking into the camera and stating:

"Starting in the 2011 season. Whew. This is hard. Starting in the 2011 football season, BYU will be taking its talents independent."

Holly Rowe: "Independent is the conclusion that you woke up with this morning after fasting and prayer?"

TH: "You know, we feel like this if going to give us the best opportunity to win, and win for multiple years. And you know, not to just win in the regular season and win five games in a row, but to win championships.... You know, I can't say it was always in my plans, because I never thought this was possible. But the revenue and the crappy TV that the Mtn had us in put us in a position where it was hard to turn down."

HR: "How do you explain this to the other teams in the MWC?"

TH: "Uh... Uh... it's heartfelt for me. It's hard to explain, but the 11 years we gave to that conference, to those teams, was everything. We'll be grateful. We never wanted to leave those teams and our heart will always be around that area, but I've also felt like the greatest challenge for me is to move on."

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
          BTW do I thank all the Utah resident byu fans for help (taxes) getting Rice Eccles stadium to be top notch?
          When I used to pay Utah state income taxes I would write on the bottom of the tax form (TC-40?) "Funds not to be used for University of Utah athletics"
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
            When I used to pay Utah state income taxes I would write on the bottom of the tax form (TC-40?) "Funds not to be used for University of Utah athletics"
            I thought the stadium funds came out of State Liquor Store profits.

Comment

The ESPN/BYU press conference is not confirmed...apparently we have a hacked twitter account to blame.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                I'm waiting for the decision to come. I can see it now. A nice interview with Tom Holmoe and Holly Rowe, talking about football, what the MWC has meant to us, followed by Holmoe gracefully looking into the camera and stating:

"Starting in the 2011 season. Whew. This is hard. Starting in the 2011 football season, BYU will be taking its talents independent."

Holly Rowe: "Independent is the conclusion that you woke up with this morning after fasting and prayer?"

TH: "You know, we feel like this if going to give us the best opportunity to win, and win for multiple years. And you know, not to just win in the regular season and win five games in a row, but to win championships.... You know, I can't say it was always in my plans, because I never thought this was possible. But the revenue and the crappy TV that the Mtn had us in put us in a position where it was hard to turn down."

HR: "How do you explain this to the other teams in the MWC?"

TH: "Uh... Uh... it's heartfelt for me. It's hard to explain, but the 11 years we gave to that conference, to those teams, was everything. We'll be grateful. We never wanted to leave those teams and our heart will always be around that area, but I've also felt like the greatest challenge for me is to move on."
                Well done.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X